02 | i'll be on the floor

featuring:

featuring:

kaya scodelario as meredith "red" carson (mentioned only)

taylor hill as dakota henley (mentioned only)

CHAPTER TWO

I'LL BE ON THE FLOOR

          NATASHA DIDN'T LIKE PARTIES—I DID

          I've never been much of a party girl, and Natasha was the main reason why I skyrocketed through the social layers of my high school, but I still got invited to plenty of house parties, though I didn't attend much of them. I didn't like to attend them on my own, as Natasha prioritized her grades over everything else, but I went to a few without her just to prove to myself I wasn't as dependent on her as everyone thought I was.

          This is different. My senior year was plagued by me facing my high school life as a 'Post-Tasha' era, which certainly didn't do much to help me in many aspects of my life, but this is college and I'm determined to let go. Being around Tasha reminded me of how she was a million times smarter than I'll ever get close to being, though I had the grades and the recommendation letters to win a spot in an Ivy League college, and this is me breaking free from my old self. Knowing Tasha, she has probably gone to some fancy college out of the country, as she had the brains and the money to do it.

          This is me letting go of Tasha once and for all and, if going to the freshman welcoming party is what it takes for that to happen, then so be it.

          Even though this is Harvard, I'm not expecting this party to be anything but casual, but I also don't want to go out there looking like I have just rolled out of bed (which I have, courtesy of my afternoon power nap); my hair is salvageable, being as straight as a board, so I can simply twist it into a messy bun and get away with it.