07 | don't wanna know

CHAPTER SEVEN

DON'T WANNA KNOW

          WE MEET UP WITH BISHOP AT A TINY CAFÉ RIGHT OUTSIDE THE CAMPUS

          WE MEET UP WITH BISHOP AT A TINY CAFÉ RIGHT OUTSIDE THE CAMPUS. His eyes are hidden behind sunglasses when we get there and he pulls his croissant and mocca towards him when he sees us run inside the café to give us space on the round table. While I take off my soaked jacket and set it around the back of a chair, Lucas shakes his head, spreading droplets of water like a wet dog.

          Bishop complains, Lucas smacks him upside the head and I order a latte. It started pouring right after we took a step outside of campus, a clear contrast to the weather I was blessed with when I woke up just mere minutes ago, and it was more than enough to nearly soak us to the bone. Fortunately, Bishop was thoughtful enough to find a table indoors, but the place is already filling in with other students. Natasha isn't one of them and I allow myself to breathe of relief.

          Lucas has that strange habit of wearing his sunglasses indoors, which seems to profoundly annoy Bishop; Lucas argues he has light-colored eyes and bright lights bother him, but Bishop points out one of his own eyes is light-blue as well. Lucas ignores him, probably because he has already heard that countless times, and doesn't take off his sunglasses, while Bishop sips his mocca and I drum my fingers against the dark-green table, waiting for my own drink.

          When it arrives, I realize I've forgotten to order something to eat and my stomach is growling so loud people back at the campus can probably hear it. Apologizing profoundly to the waitress, I order two dark chocolate muffins, and Lucas takes advantage of it to order something for himself as well (Bishop is downright outraged, saying it's stupid to pour coffee over a slice of apple pie, but he's ignored once more).

          "So, how do you know Natasha?" Bishop eventually asks, slouching on his chair and sipping his mocca. I burn my tongue with my latte when I choke on it and he pushes the wooden box of paper napkins towards me. "Sorry, sorry. I mean, I know it's none of my business, but we all saw something had happened last week when Jeremy introduced her." He briefly pauses, his eyes scanning my facial expression. "I'm just curious, that's all."