21 | the sinners and the saints

featuring:

featuring:

daniel sharman as noel worthington

jack falahee as jesse gallagher

penn badgley as brody reid (mentioned only)

rachel weisz as victoria worthington-kingsley

gabriella wilde as allison gallagher (mentioned only)

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

THE SINNERS AND THE SAINTS

          "MONTANA, LOOK AT ME," Blake asks, almost begs, with a shaky hand set on my shoulder, while I can't gather enough strength to straighten my back and look at him

          "MONTANA, LOOK AT ME," Blake asks, almost begs, with a shaky hand set on my shoulder, while I can't gather enough strength to straighten my back and look at him. Instead, I stay in the same position I've been in for the past fifteen minutes or so, leaning forward and hiding my face behind my hands, awfully uncomfortable on a plastic chair. I think I let a sob escape from my lips. "Monty, come on. Let's go grab something to eat. We've been here for almost an hour."

          "I'm not hungry," I mutter, through gritted teeth, and he sighs, surrounding my shoulders with his arm once more and pressing a quick kiss to the side of my head, now that he has seen I'm as likely to move as a statue is. I don't want to tell him I'm terrified, as I'm almost certain you can smell it in me, especially because it might make things even worse—they call it spreading bad energies.

          I'm freezing, even though it's warm in the waiting room and my coat should be heavy enough to shield me. Blake says we've been here for an hour, but, to me, it surely has felt like an eternity; the seconds appeared to drag on since Bishop passed out and I forced myself to snap out of it and call 911, his parents and Luke. Blake didn't hesitate before joining me on the subway ride towards the hospital, with me being awfully close to throwing up, but he didn't drop my hand.