Chapter 13: Wings and Flying Lights

Surprise, surprise! :D I actually got a chapter up within a week. o.o Probably got spurred on by the two voluntary comments in Chapter 12. (: (Thank you!)

Hope you guys enjoy this as well! (: Good day~

P.S. This is the first time I managed to get a chapter out with 5 pages. xD

-------------------------------------

Chapter 13: Wings and Flying Lights

Feeling warmer after forcing myself to compose myself, I slipped off the two blankets from my shoulders and told Haile that I was ready to go. He had kept his promise, that he would stay there, and I felt extremely joyful by that. He is becoming rather nice... I smiled to myself, feeling euphoric that I'd earned another good friend, the first being Icydash. Which brought me thinking... Well, I guess people feel differently towards different friends. I hummed to myself, then stopped when I prepared to get up.

I immediately went back to my original position, my right hand going around my waist, and I gasped, expecting myself to feel something embossed from my skin. My eyes widened. I was sure I felt them crack...

"What's wrong?" Haile asked.

"My broken ribs... healed." I looked up at his surprised expression. "It was broken because of Aero when that wall came at me... but it healed. How?" My tone was now overflowing with disbelief. "Did you do anything to help cure it?" He frowned and shook his head. I looked back down at my hands on my laps. "Huh... Then it must have been due to my magic."

"I'm bringing you back home."

My eyes widened at his sudden exclamation. For a moment, there was nothing I could say. Only when Haile was about to stand up did I then snap, "Why so sudden? I'm not going back home. You've made a promise to me, to bring me around with you to let me see the world." And that wasn't the only reason why I didn't want to return. Somehow, something was trying to break out of its shell, that I should realise something, but no matter how much I tried to help it pull its shell out, it just wouldn't budge. I just left it alone.

"I'm going to take that back. Your house has its own protection against enemies. They won't find you. There's no need to worry, if that's what you're worrying about. Come, let's go."

"No!"

"Ryma! I don't care! I'm going to bring you home! This is the second time that you got injured because of this little journey that you are following me on. You are annoying me!"

My mouth opened and closed on its own accord. I couldn't think. All there was in my mind was the last sentence he just blurted out angrily, like he meant it. But I knew... that he didn't. "I have magic now," I said softly. "And I can learn to master it. I can learn to use it, to fight and help you." I stifled a sniff. I didn't want to tear up again, especially not because of this. "If you're trying to hurt me more after what happened just now... it's not going to work, I tell you." I met his gaze, and held it strongly.

Haile narrowed his eyes at me, then whispered threateningly, "If you are going to get injured again, I promise you, and this one I will definitely keep, that I will not heal you."

Grinning, I nodded happily, stood up, then walked over to Icydash. Reaching out my hand, I fingered my bow. Haile had helped me return it to its rightful place. I'd dropped it when Aero had captured me. I thanked him, which he returned with a grunt.

I was looking passed Haile when I realised that the two Air Rebellions, who were originally unconscious, were gone. "Haile."

"Hurry up and go up there!" he commanded.