Chapter 16: Reunion

Thank you, my readers, for allowing this book to have more than 1000 views! :D I would never expect it to reach that number so quickly, especially since I seldomly do read for reads for this book... which I'm really sorry for. I really don't have the time, unless I sacrifice the time of trying to upload the next chapter. ): So I really want to thank you guys a lot. (:

Enjoy~! :D

-------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16: Reunion

The first thing I realised was that... I didn't feel his power at all, unlike that time when the curse was lifted from Haile. What was happening? When Haile asked the Elder about this, he told us that this cave didn't allow any use of magic, other than the magic required from any person for making any kind of potion, just like how I was allowed to use mine.

What captivated me the most were his eyes. When he opened them eyelids, his blood-red irises made me want to shudder in fright. It was like he was going to go hysteric and start attacking anyone he saw. He blinked a few times before finally sitting up. He smiled at Haile before giving him a brotherly hug and a big pat on the back. Haile returned it with a light thump, and that was all. No laughter, nothing. But relief was plain on his features.

"Let's go," Haile said after the short reunion.

The Elder followed us as we ran all the way back to the clearing. At the same time, I was introduced to Firvin. His red eyes landed on me, and instead of giving me a bewildered look, he gave a small smile and nodded. This tiny gesture changed the whole of my impression on him. Maybe he wasn't as scary as he looked after all.

But we never made it to the place where the dragons started their attack. We met them midway, and before I knew it, I was engulfed in the chaotic battle. Bright lights of fairies hovered in all directions, bringing strange plants out from the very ground to aid in their attacks, while making use of their small size and wings to annoy and distract the dragons. They worked together on this, and their camaraderie impressed me to no end.

I made use of the time to rethink what I'd learnt earlier that day. Remembering Haile's advice on thinking of a way to make it less obvious on what my attacks would be, I started to develop on it. The best way was to think it through my head, I figured, instead of giving them a hint through my actions and words said out loud.

But before I could do anything else, something caught my attention. Something extremely dangerous. Firvin's eyes had given me a clue on what element he possessed, and our enemies were dragons with the Air element.

I saw Firvin in action at the corner of my eye, and I immediately screamed out a warning just as he thrust his palms forward at the upcoming gust of strong winds an Air Dragon was emanating. However, he didn't stop. I took it upon myself to stop it.

I concentrated hard on the area between Firvin and that dragon, where the attacks were about to meet. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion as I shouted in my head, "Surround it with ice!"

And that was exactly what happened. My Ice was so obedient, if it were a pet, I would have patted it right away. Smoke was given out right after that it extinguished Firvin's fire. I was more than a little bit surprised that it worked that well, considering that what I was stopping wasn't a Magician's magic, like mine, but two dragons' magic. Two. My Ice melted after that. The two dragons stood frozen in shock at what just happened.

No one seemed to have realised what I did. The fairies did look flabbergasted, but no, it wasn't because of me. It was because of Firvin's power. Every single one of them were looking at him, but they immediately snapped out of it when the Air Dragons -- some in human form, others in their animal form -- decided to take that chance to attack them.