Planes, Annoying Best friends and Creepy Families

Planes, Annoying Best Friends and Creepy Families

Alex knew a lot about her cousin Bella.

How could she not after knowing her, her whole life. But the one thing she didn't know about her is that she was engaged to be married. That wouldn't be such a bad thing if she wasn't fresh out of high school and Alex actually knew the guy she was marrying.

Forks, Washington looked just like every other normal town if only a little boring. Compared to the loud noises and big city lights of New York this was nothing.

Just that morning she had packed her bags and left her home in Long Island, New York to be here with her cousin Bella Swan and spend time with her before the wedding.

The only problem was that she had never even met the guy and she was Bella's favorite not to mention only cousin. They were so close when they were younger but eventually the two grew up, Alex had to leave. She never wanted to leave her home, she never wanted to be a half-blood but as cheesy as it sounded it was her destiny.

Alex's older brother Percy drove her to the airport along with his friend Rachel and her best friend Nico. He stopped the car out front and everyone but Rachel got out. Immediately Alex was pulled into a hug that could put Sally Jackson, Percy's mom to shame.

"Be careful," he whispered "the war is coming and I want you to be safe" She gives him a soft kiss on the cheek and gently steps away. "I'll be fine Perce, have you even met Nico and I?" She pushes her ebony hair out of her eyes while trying to appear confident "We can give any monster a run for their money."

It was true, Nico and her were some very powerful half-bloods but even so, more and more monsters were attacking with the upcoming war. But they should be fine, they had to be with the war being only weeks away.

When she finally convinced Percy to leave he gave her one last hug and a sharp nod to Nico as goodbye. "Come on," Nico places his hand on the small of Alex's back and directs her "we don't want to miss the plane."

          The plane ride was hell.

Even with the promise of safe passage from Zeus the demigods still experienced turbulence. Nico spent the entire time clutching the armrest of his seat while Alex tried not to scream every time she got a glance out the window. It was a happily celebrated landing.

Quickly She and Nico got their luggage and got the heck out of there. "Never again" Her best friend breathes his face still pale. 

"I told you we should have shadow traveled Neeks but you didn't want to listen to me."

"Because most of your plans don't work in my favor"

 Alex gasps dramatically and glares, "They do too!"

"No they don't, they never do"

"Name one that didn't" She challenges confident she was right. 

"Okay, that time Jason had the quest with the Trojan sea monster."

"What did I do on that quest! I wasn't even there!"

"You suggested that I shadow travel Jason to Aeolus"

The daughter of the sea climbs into a taxi with a woman just getting out and Nico follows "but it worked didn't it"

"We appeared 60 feet in the air in the shadow of a mountain and ended up free falling!"

"But Jason saved you, there problem solved and no one was hurt" the rest of the ride was silent after that.

The taxi driver drops them off near a clearing surrounded completely by trees and points a finger to a small path through the trees. "Just a small walk on the path and you'll get there okay" the driver swirls around a toothpick in his mouth and speaks in a raspy voice.