The Sky, The Heart, & Death Itself

~Flashback~

"Pearl," the dark haired woman smooths down her daughter's hair "I love you." Her eyes slowly close and Marina Thora Rose took her last breath.

Alexandria Pearl Rose the daughter of this woman who died in her arms bursts into tears. "Its not fair!" She screams "Give her back! Give my Mommy back!"

The little girl is forced away from her mother and pulled instead into a pair of strong tanned arms. Nathan Valentine gently smooths down her hair much like her mother and the tears slow down from thick sobs to heart wrenching gasps for air.

"She's gone, my Mommy is gone"

Another boy with blonde hair and shining shockingly blue eyes grabs a white sheet, kneels next to Alexandria, and pats her back soothingly.

"Its okay, your Mommy isn't gone forever. When good people die they go to this wonderful place called Elysium where they get to be happy and watch over their loved ones."

Alex sniffles "My Mommy, is happy?"

Nathan hugs Alex close and nods reassuringly "She's the happiest Mommy in the World, I bet she'd be really proud of you too if you were able to be a big girl and help her."

"How can I do that?" She asks curiously "How can I help someone who isn't around anymore?"

The blonde haired boy leads the little girl over to her Mom's body that was now covered in the white sheet. He digs into his pocket and produces three gold coins. Placing them on the spots where the dead woman's eyes and mouth would be he then takes a step back.

"Why don't you help me guide your Mother to Elysium, all you have to do is repeat the words I say and she'll go down as a hero."

It wasn't until after Alex nodded did the boy continue speaking, "Dear Lord Kharon, please aid in guiding this young soul across the river." As he speaks Alex makes sure to repeat everything he says.

" Lord Pluto, In the name of Jason Grace son of Jupiter I ask of you to grant this woman immunity and with it Elysium. May she be blessed by the gods along her journey."

"May she be blessed by the gods along her journey" Alexandria repeats and Jason hugs her close.

"It is done, now Alex I need you to be a big girl and do something okay. Can you do you that?"

Alex nods with dry tear tracks still visible on her face and Jason smiles. "I need you to gather anything important that you may need and then come with us. If you don't you won't be safe and those scary big black dogs might come back to hurt you."

Alex agrees to pack up her stuff and the three demigods get to work. Jason goes to the kitchen and bathroom and gathers all the food that won't go spoiled and could be cooked over a campfire, he also gets medical supplies. Nathan goes to help Alex pack clothes and then to the office.