1st Update of Christmas

Puns, Spatulas and R.E.D

Once Nico and I had finished having our little talk we returned to the Cullen's house. We wanted to gather a little more information on the monsters before we killed them. The problem was, the more we observed them the less I wanted to kill them.

They were beautiful creatures without a doubt and most of them seemed to have perfectly refined manners. They were very kind and often thought about Nico and I before thinking of themselves even when they didn't know us that well. Plus Bella was really happy around the youngest son, at least appearance wise.

But along with all the positive things we noticed we also couldn't ignore the bad or the dangerous. Being aware of what the Cullens were exactly also made me acutely aware of their strengths. I noticed how the Cullens never seemed to eat, how they had amazing hearing and how their reflexes were fast. From what I could tell they would be able to beat an Empousa in a fight with little to no problem.

Nico was not having the same internal struggle that I was. He was happy to get rid of the 'violent and vicious creatures' he's probably just saying that because Emmett asked just last week if Nico could taste the rainbow. I found it hilarious but Nico was not amused.

Over the weekend Bella figured it'd do all three of us some good to get away from Alice and her wedding planning and piled us into her beat down truck. She drove us down the street while Nico fiddled with her radio and groaned when she found out Neeks and I had the same taste in music.

The two of us grinned at Bella's pain and sung together out of key to Straightjacket by Quin XCII.

She speeds down the road and slows down as we clunk down a bumpy dirt road leading to the same and I grinned wider. I knew where we were going now, and I couldn't wait.

We arrived in a small parking lot just off the sand and I jump out as quickly as I could. Leaving my two cousins behind me I dive into the water shorts and shirt and all.

Neeks comes up behind me and sits down in the sand as close to the water as he could get without touching it. "I'd rather not take any chances" he muttered lowly and I nod before addressing Bells. "He's not really fond of water," I grinned "almost fell off a cliff into the great blue once." I said referring to when the boy had fist met Percy and he tried to convince him and his older sister into jumping off a cliff.

Nonetheless Bella nods understandably and smiles a little "I guess you'd rather skip out on cliff diving then."

My eyes light up quickly "Cliff diving? What's that?"

"It's where you jump off this cliff into the water."

I open my mouth ready to demand we try this great new art of cliff diving when Bella holds up her hand at seeing the look on my face. "Sorry, no baby cousins allowed, there is no way you are getting hurt on my watch."

"Oh come on," I wine "It's not like it'll be more dangerous than jumping off the Saint Louis Arch, besides I'll be landing in the water so I should be fine."

"Not necessarily," she scolds "hitting water from a tall height can be the equivalent of hitting concrete, it's better we stay as far away from the cliffs as possible."

I roll my eyes and huff before turning away and submerging my head fully under the water. The water was kind of dirty but due to my enhanced senses underwater I could see pretty well. I waved as a catfish swam closer and pet a trout that nuzzled into me. "My Lady, my Lady, my Lady," they screeched "It's the daughter of the sea god."

I spent a minute saying hi before promising to visit and returning to the surface. Afterall if I stayed under there too long it'd begin to look suspicious.