Chapter Two

Fred and I walk through the hallways in silence. It's not uncomfortable silence, just silence. We came to the clock tower where we sat and talked about nothing important. He made me laugh and forget for a moment why I had been crying mere minutes ago. After a bit Fred finally asks what he'd been thinking.

"Can I ask why you ran away?" Fred asks. I don't answer. "I'll take that as a no. How about why did harry and Ron get to fight?" I feel a sting in my eyes again, the tears threaten to come back.

"I guess Ron spread some rumor, I need to know what it's about exactly..." I start but the tears start to blur my vision. Fred looks disgusted.

"You mean to tell me, that pratt, was the one spreading all those rumors!" Fred spits. I flinch, causing Fred to soften. "If I would've known I would've helped Harry beat him." Fred says pulling me into a hug. We stay like that for a bit, no word just him holding me. I felt safe in his arms.

"Are you ready to go back to the common room?" Fred asks. I just shake my head yes.

__________________________

The next morning when I wake up I am jumped on by a very worried Ginny. After I explained to her the details, she is furious with Ron.

"I'm going to kill him! How could my own brother do something so terrible! I'm gonna-" Ginny is pacing our room.

"I'm okay." I lie, and I know she can tell. "I'm really okay!"

"Okay... but you say the word and I'm ready to kill!" Ginny says with a chuckle, but I know she means it.

We get ready for breakfast in the great hall. As soon as I entered the great hall everyone was staring at me, whispering. "Mudblood" "Slag" "I heard her and Harry are dating, and he fought Ron because she slept with Ron too!" This is all so outrageously!

I that's when I see Harry, he looks normal except for his hands. His hands are cut up and swollen.

He was sitting with Fred and George at the far end of the table away from everyone else. Ginny and I go sit down by them, both of us on either sides of Harry. Fred and George were trying, and failing to make Harry laugh by showing off the products they've been working on.

"-and when you eat this one-" Fred puts the candy in his mouth.

"-you get a fever." George says as Fred immediately turns red and starts to sweat. Ginny giggles.

"How do you stop it?!" I ask rather confused.

"He'll eat this." George gives Fred another piece of candy and Fred again goes back to normal.

"Brilliant!" I hear someone behind me say. I turn around and see the last person I want to see.