Chapter Twenty

FRED'S POV

George and I continue walking around diagon alley looking for Hermione. George keeps talking about the empty shop we first passed and how we should buy it with the money we've been saving. I agree but mostly tune him out because of my nerves. I know Hermione flirts with me but I'm scared that's all it is.

"Fred, come on talk to me." George stops walking.

"I'm scared the timings wrong."

"The timing?! Mate, what?!" George laughs. "Why do you think the timings off?"

"It's just-" At that moment I saw something I never thought I'd see, Hermione kissing Draco Malfoy on the cheek. She does that to me.

"What's wrong man? You look pale." George stops messing around and turns toward the nightmare in front of me. "Is that..."

"Malfoy." I spit out as my sister and Hermione runs into a shop.

"What was that about?" George asks walking towards the shop they just entered.

"I don't care." I say grabbing my brothers arm. "Let's just go."

"But-"

"Let's go." I say again. He nods and we apparate back to number twelve.

____________________________________

DRACO'S POV

Why did I just help them, I could have just walked away. I easily could have just ignored the girls. Weaslette is so annoying, and Granger is just so- so-

Granger kissed my cheek. I feel my face getting warm.

I walk into a shop in Knockturn Alley. I look through the objects for sale, a snake skin book, a dagger, a wooden eyeball- gross I need to tell father that this place has gone to ruins.

"Smiths, may I use have some floo powder?" I ask the man behind the shops counter, placing two Sickles on the counter.

"Of course young Malfoy." Smiths hands me a bag on the powder and points me to the fireplace. I step in.

"Malfoy Manor." I say loudly.

In a second, I'm home. I exit my living room fireplace to find it empty, like always. I start towards my room when I hear singing coming from the kitchen. I follow it knowing its my mother. Not like father would be singing or even in the kitchen.

"Mother?" I turn into the kitchen seeing my mum moving around the kitchen mixing something in a bowl.

"Draco, my love come dance with me." My mother sets down the bowl and grabs my hands.

"Mother-" I begin but my mother simple starts to hum and dance. I laugh caving and begin dancing with her. I love this about my mom, we've done this since I was young. She'd hum a tune and we'd waltz until my father came home and we'd have to stop.

As if on cue my father walks through the door. We stop immediately, and mum picks up her bowl again.

"Good evening family." Father walks into the kitchen setting his briefcase onto the counter. "Sorry I was running late tonight."

"Its okay darling." Mother kisses his cheek.

I am reminded of Hermione's kiss again, why would she do that. Bloody, did I call her Hermione. This is all too much why-

"Draco?" My mother looks concerned.

"Sorry, what?"

"Everything alright?"

"Just tired, I'm gonna head to bed, Goodnight."

"Goodnight love." I walk out of the kitchen and head to my bedroom upstairs in the left wing of the manor.

I get to my room and kick off my shoes and change into my pajamas. After I finish getting ready for bed, I lay down in my bed still lost in my thoughts.

Just before I fall asleep all I can think is that I only have one more day before I see Hermione again.