The Trial

Today is the day.

It's been weeks since I have been assaulted, and I'm more anxious than ever for this trial.

Even though he is guilty, he could slither his way out of it.

"Are you ready?" Lauren grabs hold of my hand and squeezes it.

Lauren and the girls are by my side as we stand in front of the Court House.

"Yes, I think I am. I have to be."

We walk into the building, and I find it calming that there are many fountains to go watch and calm down.

When we walk down the white granite halls, we find that the court room we enter, is completely made of marble.

Wow.

I go sit down in my assigned seat, and the girls sit next to me as witnesses.

"So, Camila Cabello is charging Kevin Handruff with sexual assault?" The judge pulls down her eye glasses a little as her eyes burn holes in mine.

I gulped the nervousness down.

"Y-yes."

"Alright then. Mr. Handruff, do you have anything to say before we start?"

He winked at the judge and flashed his toothy smile, "No, ma'am."

"Ok, Camila Cabello, come to he witness stand to tell your story."

I walked up the the witness stand, feeling ashamed. What if people don't believe what I tell them? Even if it's true, I know how people are.

"I'll start with a recording Kevin took so he could blackmail me into getting what he wants."

"Excuse me for asking but, what was on this 'recording'?"

"Um..."

It felt like all the heat in my body had gone to my cheeks.

"Miss Cabello?"

I snapped out of my trance and remembered that I was talking to the judge.

I felt like throwing up, especially how Kevin was looking me up and down, and giving me a toothy smile. God, I hated him.

"Um... he recorded... my friend and I talking."

"What could be on this recording that he could blackmail you with? Excuse me, but could you grab his phone? I demand to hear this in the back room."

She pointed to a police officer as Kevin handed his phone to the authority figure.

The judge received it and brought it to her stand.

"Ah, no password I see." She scrolled through the phone and it looked like she had found the recording.

"You know what? I change my mind, I'll just listen to it right here."

I dreaded what was happening, and looked at Lauren, to see her face in complete terror.

"I do love you, Camz."

"I love you too, Lolo."

"Who is Camz, and who is Lolo? I don't think this is really relevant to the situation." She handed the phone back to the police officer to give back to Kevin.

Kevin was smirking the whole time, and his brown hair was slicked back, making him look like a greasy man. Which he is.

He also had black jeans and a nice flannel on.

"Wait, did you say not relevant?" Lauren spoke, and people gasped.

"Miss Jauregui, you are not allowed to speak in court without being spoken to."

"Ok you spoke to me, so I guess I can talk now," she continued after clearing her throat, "Kevin Handruff stood outside of our bus door, and recorded us without our permission."

"Mr. Handruff, is that true?"

"Yes ma'am, but I only did it because some young ladies who are huge fans wanted me to record them talking."

He lied. He is a big fat lier. No one was there at that time!

"Alright then, Kevin," she continued after that, "I plead not guilty. This case is over. He is a free man. Let him go."

The girls and I all gasped in shock, and they watched as my eyes welled up with tears.

I can't have him as my manager anymore. I can't have any of the management tell me if I can have a relationship with someone or not. I can't have them telling me what clothes I should or shouldn't wear. I can't have them telling me not to tell fans certain information.

I don't think I can do this anymore.

Uuuuggghh, I hate writing sad things, but I had a rough night, I cried about 5 times, so now I'm sad and I remember it's my actual life, so it just makes me more sad. I know, I should start writing happier things so that I feel happier. :)