TWO

Two | party time

Wondering for the hundredth time how Natasha had gotten me to wear a dress, I stepped into the floor where the party was going.

I pulled slightly at the black dress I wore and tried not to rip off the heels on my feet. The dress was long sleeved and reached just up to my knees. Luckily, I had managed to convince Natasha to let me keep my hair down like I always did.

The room was filled with people, some in groups and others in pairs. Some sat on the many couches scattered around the floor and others sat at the bar having drinks. I located a familiar face mixing drink behind the bar and started in that direction when a familiar voice stoped me.

"Winnie! Glade you could make it!" He said glancing at his watch. "I almost thought I had to drag you here."

I spun around to face Tony Stark in all his nerdy glory. "I told you not to call me that."

"Sure thing Winnie," he said offering me his arm. I sighed and took it, allowing him to walk me over to where Thor stood, a glass in his hand.

"Where's Pepper?" I asked Tony. "And Jane? I thought they'd be here." I added when we reached Thor.

"Busy." The two said at the same time. I nodded eyeing them both before looking back towards the bar.

"Fury still sending you on missions?" Tony asked drawing my attention back to him.

"For your information, I was getting more information about the two enhanced who kicked your butts on your last mission," I said giving him a smile.

"I wouldn't really say that," Tony said. "That fast one got Clint, that's all."

"Uh huh," I said nodding my head. "Where is he anyway?"

Tony pointed towards one of the seating areas where Clint was sitting. He had a glass of wine in his hand which he knocked back immediately before bursting out laughing.

"How many glasses has he had?" I asked turning back to Tony.

"Not too many..." Tony mumbled. "Oh, and guess whose the bartender today?" He said with a laugh.

I turned around this time to see the bar sat up at the back of the room and spotted Natasha stand in behind the bar. She placed a drink in front of Dr. Banner and leant forward that usual flirtatious look on her face.

"Poor Bruce," I muttered. "He's not going to see what hit him."

I waited until Natasha was done with her little talk and walked over in her direction.

***

Soon after the party ended, they were all seated around a coffee table. Clint had yet another bottle of wine in his hands as the group sat talking about different things. At the moment, they were talking about Thor's hammer.

"It's a trick!" Clint howled. "A trick I tell you!"

Everyone turned to Clint who had a rather proud smile on his face as he said the words. Thor however gave him a challenging smile and gestured towards the hammer. "Why don't you give it a go then?"

The smirk on Clint's face fell immediately as everyone's attention turned to him yet again. The surprised expression only remained on his face for a second, though before he wiped it off and replaced it with a determined one.

Accepting Thor's challenge, he stepped up to the coffee table where the hammer was resting. He grabbed the handle an gave everyone a smile before pulling.

The smile on his face fell yet again, and he frowned at the hammer. Thor had a rather proud smile on his face as he watched Clint tug at it again. He adjusted his grip on it before tugging with all his might, but the hammer didn't even budge the slightest.

Clint sighed and breathed out a laugh and walked back to his seat, clearly embarrassed.

Tony was the next one to open his mouth, obviously unable to stay away from a challenge. He stood at the tank mumbling to himself about how it was all about the grip.

He grabbed the hammer and pulled. It didn't move. He put on the gauntlets of his suit and tried again but the hammer refused to move. He even got Rhodey's help, but it still wouldn't move.

Defeated, the two also slumped back into their seats.

Next to try was Dr. Banner. He pulled at the hammer once before climb in onto the table, a look of madness on his face as he roared much to everyone's surprise. He gave an embarrassed laugh as everyone stared at him on surprise.

I got up next and Tony cheered as he clapped his hand on my back twice. I grabbed the hammer and to my not-so-much-surprise, it didn't move one bit.

Steve went next rolling his sleeves up before he grabbed it, giving it a pull. My eyes went wide when the hammer budged slightly before it fell back. The smile on Thor's face fell when he saw it too.

Steve pulled at the hammer again, but this time it remained on the table and didn't move. Thor relaxed and smiled again though there was a nervous look on his face.

Everyone's attention turned to Natasha but she quickly shook her head. "That's not a question I need answered," she said.

"All difference to the man who wouldn't be king, but the thing is rigged," Tony said.

"You bet your ass," Clint said clapping tony on the back.

"Steve, he said I bad language word," Maria said point at Clint.

"Did you tell everyone about that?" Steve asked.

"The handle's imprinted, right? Like a security code?" Tony continued with his theories. "Who ever is carrying Thor's finger print is the literal transition?"

"That's a very very interesting theory, but I have a simpler one," Thor said as he grabbed the handle of the hammer and flipped it effortlessly and caught it. "You're all not worthy."

Everyone muttered out words of disbelief and groaned shaking their heads.

"Thor, you just ruined it," I said.

There was a sudden ear piercing sound and I pressed my hand over my ears like everyone else. Footsteps sounded from the other side of the room and a groan echoed through the large area.

"Worthy?" Asked a distorted voice. I stood up quickly, my quick reflexes kicking in as I saw the armor.

✳✳✳

I am soooo sorry for the late update! I totally forgot! But I promise, from now on I will try to update every Friday (not tomorrow though). Some of the lines (from the movie) in this chapter maybe wrong, if you see any please do point it out for me. I really hope you forgive me for the extremely late update.
But thank you do reading! Please vote and comment if you liked the chapter!