SIX

Six | stay down kid

"Can you hear anything?" Tony asked as he landed next to me after we had arrived at a salvage yard in the African Coast. The place where we could find Ulysses Klaue.

"Give me a second," I mumbled as I turned my head slightly and closed my eyes to focus. It was usually easy to hear things from a distance, but with all the noise around the area, it was pretty hard to focus on just one thing.

"-short range heat seekers and got a boat full of rusted parts. Now, you will make it right, or the next missile I send you will come very much faster."

"Found him," I said as I turned to Tony.

Tony nodded, a fond look on his face as he turned towards the rest of his team. "We should bring her more often," he said with a grin towards the rest of the team.

I ignored Tony as he continued to talk to the rest of the team and instead focused on Klaus's voice. "Now, minister, where were we?"

Suddenly there was a flickering sound and complete silence before a whoosh. I frowned as I listened for a sound in the room.

"Yeah. The enhanced. Strucker's prize pupils," Klaue said not sounding phased at all.

"They're here," I said turning to Tony, "the Maximoff's.

Tony didn't waste any time moving in the direction i pointed at. Unfortunately, he found himself blocked by a bunch of guards, all armed with guns.

"We don't have time for this!" Cap shouted before flinging his shield at one of the men that stood in our way. He didn't have to say a single word for the rest of us to launch ourselves into action.

It was quite a different experience for me, fighting in a group. I was used to doing solo missions by now. When I had first started out at SHIELD, I went on missions with some other agent, mostly either Clint or Natasha, which was how I had grown so close to them. But after Fury had declared me fully trained, he started sending me on missions by myself.

"You guys go!" Clint shouted a he shot an arrow at one of the men, "we can handle these guys."

"You sure?" Tony asked.

"Yes!" Natasha shouted, "if you wait any longer, they're gonna get what they came for."

Tony gave a brief nod before leaving with Thor and Cap closely behind.

The fighting only continued for a while longer. Soon, we were surrounded by unconscious men and some people who were trying to run off.

"Hear anything?" Natasha asked, stepping up to me.

"Upon this rock I will build my church," Ultron said softly, causing me to frown in confusion,

"Nothing that makes sense..." I mumbled, wondering what Ultron could possibly have meant by that.

"Yuh-huh. What's the Vibranium for?" Tony's voice said.

"I'm glad you asked that," Ultron said, "because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan!"

"We aren't getting answers that easily," I said as the Iron Legion flooded into the room.

"I am starting to get seriously sick of these things!" Clint groaned before pulling out an arrow.

"You can say that again," I called out.

Natasha, as usual, wasn't phased by the slightest. She gave the two of us an unimpressed look before hurling down one of the Iron Legion as though it was absolutely nothing. She turned and smirked at the two of us.

I heard him before I saw him. I turned quickly, grabbing hold of his arm and using his surprise knock him off balance.

Pietro Maximoff laid on the ground a look of complete surprise on his face for a second before he quickly gathered himself and stared getting up.

I didn't give him that chance.

I thrust my fist out punching him on his face causing him to fall right back down. It didn't seem like he was the type of person who gave up easily because he started to get up again. I stepped to the side just as Caps shield came flying our way hitting Pietro on the chest.

Pietro fell to the ground with a groan and watched as Cap came up to him. "Stay down kid," Cap said with a smile in my direction.

Even a speedster like Pietro couldn't possibly recover quickly from being hit by Caps shield.

"Guys?" I heard Banner's  voice in my earpiece, "is this a code green."

Unfortunately, I was a little too busy to answer at that moment. The room was filled with he Iron Legion.

"Thor!" Steve shouted, "Status?"

"The girl tried to warp my mind," Thor replied, "take special care, I doubt a human could keep her at bay. Fortunately, I am mighty."

A small smile grew on my face at the words that fell from his lips. We all knew that sometimes Thor could be a little full of himself.

At the moment I was distracted which caused me to not notice Wanda Maximoff sneak up behind me. I froze as my vision blurred for a while. I blinked rapidly trying to clear my head. But when I opened my eyes, I wasn't standing in a salvage yard.

I was standing in a place I hoped I would never see again.

✳✳✳

Pietro was in this chapter!!! I know it was a brief encounter AND that Clarke punched him, but honestly, what did you think Clarke would do! It was really fun writing this chapter though, and I can't wait to write the next one! WHOSE EXCITED!

I just wanted to ask a small favour from you. It would be really great if I got comments. That way I would know whether you guys like the book or not and whether I have to change anything. 😊

Oh! And one more thing! 722 READS! I know it may seem small for many people, but to me that is a lot! Thank you so much for reading! You guys the best and are the reason why I smile everyday!!! 😁

Please give a vote or leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Thank you for reading!