TEN

Ten | lightening strikes

Distract him we did. After getting a couple of bruises here and there and almost getting knocked off the train once, I was starting to get seriously annoyed. Ultron was way too strong for just the two of us.

I turned around as I heard a whoosh to see Pietro and Wanda Maximoff standing on the train. They both had a defensive stance and were looking at Ultron.

"Please," Ultron said, straightening up, "don't do this."

"What choice do we have?" Wanda asked in her accented voice. She shot her arms out, red energy flowing from the tips of her fingers hitting Ultron and throwing him backwards. Ultron didn't wait a second to make his escape. Right when he got up, he flew out of the speeding train, leaving us in an awkward silence.

"Cap, you see Nat?" Clint asked, his voice filled with worry, breaking the silence.

"If you have the package, get it to Stark!" Steve shouted, getting to his feet, "go!"

"Do you have eyes on Nat?" Clint asked again, this  time more firmly.

"Go!" Steve repeated.

"I'm sure Nats going to be fine," I said trying to reassure Clint. Natasha was tough. There was no doubt about that. There was very little that could break her.

"Ok," Clint said.

"Civilians in our path," Steve said to Pietro. Pietro sped off grabbing anyone in our way and putting them out of danger. Steve turned to Wanda next, "can you stop this thing?"

Wanda nodded, she had a look of concentration of her face as she thrust her hands down, red energy flowing from her finger tips. The train was slowing, but not quickly enough. We were going straight at a wall. Steve stepped forward, putting his shield in front him to stop the debris from hitting us. It ended up knocking him off his feet, but none of us got hurt.

When the train finally came to a halt, Wanda hopped out and ran to her brother who was bent over at the side of the road, out of breath. "I'm fine," Pietro said to her worried sister, "I just need to take a minute."

"I'm very tempted not to give you one," Steve said, walking up to them while I followed, "she most  definitely won't give you one," he said pointing at me.

"The Cradle," Wanda said, ignoring what Steve had said, "did you get it?"

"Stark will take care of it," Steve replied with a nod.

"No, he won't." Wanda said, a look of worry and disbelief on  her face.

"You don't know what you're talking about," Steve defended, "Stark's not crazy."

"He will do anything to make things right," Wanda said making us raise what she was thinking.

"She's right," I said turning to Cap.

Steve pressed a tiger to his earpiece, "Stark, come in. Stark. Anyone on comms?"

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it," Wanda continued, "where do you think he gets that?"

"We have to go," I said,already starting to walk in the opposite direction.

***

We made it to the lab in a nick of time. The cradle was already connected to many wires which fanned around the area. The stood in front of a screen checking something and Bruce was leaning over the cradle. Rory White, Tony's assistant was standing next to Tony a tablet in her hands.

"I'm gonna say this once," Steve started.

"How about 'nonce'?" Tony interrupted immediately.

"Shut it down!" Steve said firmly, ignoring Tony's previous comment.

"Nope," Tony said, "not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing," Steve argued.

"And you do?" Bruce asked. He pointed at Wanda, "she's not in your head?"

"I know you're angry," Wanda started only to be interrupted by Bruce.

"Oh, we're way past that," Bruce said, taking a menacing step forward, "I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

This was getting out of hand. It had become pretty obvious by now that nothing was going to happen by arguing back and forth. So I remained silent wondering how this was going to go.

"Banner," Steve said, "after everything that's happened..."

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony shouted.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda shouted back.

And now it was turning into a scream fest. I was just about to step in Pietro ran past me, using his speed to take a part the equipment.

The room immediately fell silent, everyone's eyes on him, "no, no. Go on. You were saying?" Pietro said in a sarcastic tone.

I heard the sound of the gun before the trigger was pulled and the bullet hit the glass below Pietro. The glass broke and he fell to the lower floor.

"Pietro!" Wanda shouted, immediately running forward only to be  grabbed by Bruce.

"Go ahead, piss me off," he said.

Suddenly, the glass wall broke as Thor flew in, heading straight towards the cradle. He brought his hammer down on the Cradle, and a bolt of lightening hit it.

✳✳✳

Well, that was an awkward ending...
But anyway, here's the new chapter. Hope you enjoyed it!

If you liked the chapter, please consider giving a vote or leaving a comment to let me know what you think!
Thanks for reading!
See you next Friday!