A Change In Tone

Once upon a time, there was a human child. That child's name was Frisk, and they had no family nor friends. On one fateful day Frisk ran away to the nearby Mt. Ebott, which had a mysterious legend surrounding it. There were many variations to the story, but one thing always remained the same.

Those who climb the mountain are said to disappear.

Frisk knew this, of course, but they also knew the legend of the monsters beneath the mountain. Maybe, just maybe... if they were the Crimson Angel, then people would finally look their way. And so they fell, down and down, into another world entirely.

The monsters were real. And they had their own legend. Long ago, they were sealed away after a brutal war with the humans. The humans feared the monsters' power, so they drove them below, using seven of their greatest magicians to seal them with a powerful barrier that only a human SOUL may pass. However, if the monsters gained seven human SOULs, the barrier could be destroyed.

Frisk, determined to prove themselves, began to journey through the underground, treating the monsters with kindness. Their MERCY inspired the monsters to befriend the young human, showed them that their was no need to fight.

One such monster was a young robot who went by the name of

Mettaton

The CORE - August 31, 2012 - 11:36 PM

"-might be better if I stay here awhile."

Mettaton could hear his own voice breaking. It made him feel self-conscious, as he'd never been this vulnerable while on air, but the calls from his fans had been so heartfelt. Not to mention the phone call from his dear cousin. Blooky. He missed them so much. How had he let things get this bad...? What kind of person just left their family behind like that?

"Humans already have stars and idols, but monsters... they only have me." Mettaton continued speaking, feeling the guilt for all that he'd done. He'd tried to kill a small child for his own personal gain, and he'd almost left behind the monsters that loved him. And then he'd lost. It was all for naught.

"If I left, the underground would lose its spark. I'd leave an aching void that could never be filled.

So, I think I'll have to delay my big debut. Besides..." He found himself smiling genuinely at the small child, something he hadn't done towards anyone in quite a while.

It was difficult to smile with no mouth.

"You've proven to be VERY strong. Perhaps... even strong enough to get past Asgore... I'm sure you'll be able to protect humanity." Maybe Mettaton would be able to perform on the surface someday after all... In the meantime, he had things to worry about here.

He chuckled softly. So much of his life seemed to be devoted to making mistakes.

"The truth is, this forms' energy consumption is... inefficient." He could feel himself losing consciousness. In front of his eyes, the words POWER LEVEL LOW were flashing. "In just a few short moments, I'll run out of battery power, and... well..."

Mettaton's eyes closed. His voice was quiet. "I'll be alright." He silently prayed that the human would make it past Asgore okay. Humanity had to live on!

His eyes opened, flashing a huge grin at the human. "Knock 'em dead, darling!"

He then paused, taking a moment to look towards the camera. Beyond it, so many monsters were... caring about him, watching his show. It was all he'd ever wanted. Everything he could ever hope for.

"And everyone... thank you. You've been a great audience..."

Alphys' Lab - September 1, 2012 - 4:46 AM