Chapter Eight

LOUIS' POV

I was in the process of pulling a jumper over my head when there was a knock on my bedroom door. I swung open to reveal Zayn standing in the doorway.

"Where are you heading?" He asked.

"Doctors," I stated nonchalantly. Zayn looked confused.

"But I usually take you- hell, I didn't even know you had an appointment today."

"Well, I do," I brushed past him and tugged my coat on over my arms.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Don't tell me you're going with Harry,"

"Zayn, I'm not going with Harry." I assured him.

"Then who are you going with? You haven't got a car,"

"Hadley," I said simply. I swear I saw him roll his eyes.

"Why her?" The distaste was evident in his tone.

"Have you got a problem with her?" I challenged. Zayn merely pursed his lips then let out a huge breath of air.

"Whatever." He backed out the doorway and disappeared down the hallway. My phone buzzed from my bed. It was a text from Hadley:

I'm outside ready? xx

I slipped my shoes on, grabbed my bag and headed out my room, shutting the door behind me. I walked out into the small living room where Zayn and Liam were cuddled up. Liam might as well have lived here, he was at our dorm so often. My phone vibrated again I assumed it was Hadley texting again so I hurried out the door.

"Hey, Lou!" Hadley chirped, flashing her white teeth as I arrived at her waiting car.

"Hey." I smiled back at her.

"Right then, let's go,"

_

"Mr. Tomlinson?" A voice called, signaling that the doctor was ready to see me. I got to my feet and followed the nurse down the familiar corridor. She led me to a room and turned the doorknob, pulling it ajar. Hadley and I entered, me carefully climbing onto the table and Hadley sitting on one of the plastic chairs. We were left alone then.

"So?" said Hadley.

"So what?"

"Are you excited?"

"I guess," I spoke with little enthusiasm. Zayn drama was on my mind.

"Are you gonna find out what he or she is?" Hadley questioned with a smirk.

"Yeah." A smile crept onto my lips at the thought of knowing the gender of Little Tommo.

Just then, Dr. Parkins, who always seemed to have a problem with me, slide into the room.

"Hello, Louis," He said flatly, "Nothing much to do this appointment."

He removed the stehthoscope from around his neck and listened to my beating heart, making sure the rate was steady. He did the same to my stomach for Little Tommo.

Dr. Parkins checked my blood pressure, eyes, ears, and mouth before instructing me to lay down. I streached out on the examination table and pulled up my jumper and t-shirt.

"It's cold." The doctor in that slightly irritated tone as he applied the lubrication gel to my bump.

The screen that showed the inside of my stomach flickered to life after he pressed the 'on' button. The wand was moved around on my belly showing a bunch of black and white for a few seconds. Then an outline appeared on the screen. Dr. Parkins examined it, pointed out small details.