Chapter Nine

LOUIS' POV

"Where are you-"

I slammed the door shut hard, releasing a minimal amount of my aggression. Zayn's overbearing question was cut off. I need more than anything to get out; I'm stressed, I'm mad, and I'm extremely hot. If that means going with Harry, then so be it.

Are hot-flashes a pregnancy symptom?

Anyways, I hastily strolled down to the pavement where Harry's blue truck was parked. I peered into the window and watched momentarily as he spoke on the phone with someone unknown to me. His eyebrows were furrowed, like they always were. But he was definitely upset. He was arguing with someone.

I watched his emerald eyes wander to me. His expression softened when his gazed connected with mine. The corners of his lips curled slightly, almost a little grin. I gave him a full smile and approached the truck.

He spoke a few final words and shut off his mobile, unlocking the door. I tugged the handle and slid inside, leaning back against the leather seat.

"Hey, Gorgeous."

"Hi, Harry," I responded, rubbing my eyes.

"What seems to be the trouble?" Harry asked, glancing over at me.

I turned to face him. Why is he so fit? "It's been a very, very stressful day."

"I can help relieve some of that stress," Harry offered facetiously, sliding his hand onto my knee.

I tossed my eyes round my sockets and flicked his hand away, "You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

"Can't say that I wouldn't,"

"Well, I can't while I'm pregnant." I stated, staring out the window.

"Pity. We could've had fun," He winked at me when looked back at the road. "Alright, what's really wrong?"

I shook my head, "Not your problem,"

"Doesn't matter, I'm asking."

I let out a huff, "Zayn's up my ass about Hadley and he won't let me alone. We're in the middle of a proper fight; the first one we've ever had. It's just.. I don't know, I don't want to fight with Zayn, but he's wrong."

"Bros before hoes, dude," Harry spoke in an American accent, making me chuckle, "How long have you and Zayn been mates?"

"Ages. Literally," I answered.

"And Hadley?"

"Couple weeks,"

"I believe you owe Zayn the benefit of the doubt,"

I sighed, "Hadley is kind to me. She make me feel normal for a change,"

"Do you fancy her or something?" He demanded sharply.

I snickered, "If you haven't noticed, I have a child growing inside of me, and she has a little one of her own."

"You can still have feelings for her."

"Well I don't have feelings for Hadley. Or anyone. She's a friend, and I have a lot more than relationships to think about right now,"

"Because you're pregnant?"

"Because I have a lot on my plate, Harry."

Harry didn't respond, and minutes later we pulled into the driveway of his flat. We were inside drinking tea afterwards. Harry stared down at my stomach in awe.

"It's a little strange knowing that there's a human being in there. And that I helped create it," Harry spoke. "Does it hurt?"

"Depends on what you're talking about," I replied, setting the tea mug down on a coaster.