Chapter Sixteen

LOUIS' POV

"Thanks for letting me know before you run off to Yorkshire again." Zayn said with a grin, handing me my second bag.

I relieved him from it's weight and attempted to hug him back. When we withdrew from the awkward embrace, I said, "You could always come with me. Mum and the girls miss you like mad,"

Zayn shook his head, burying his hands into the pockets of his tight trousers (an item of clothing I since had given up due to the largeness of my stomach). "I've should probably use spring break to study. I've got a final as soon as it's over. Tell them I love 'em."

"Will do. See you in a week, mate,"

"Bye, Lou. Take care of yourself, yeah?"

"Always," I gave him a forced smile and watched him shut the door to our dorm for me. I let out a heavy sigh before walking towards the exit of the building.

I tried to get some sleep on the train, as it was about 23:00, but my overactive mind would allow no much thing. As hard as I tried, I couldn't get a certain manipulative asshat with curls and dimples out of my head. I knew I wouldn't be able to in the first place, but c'mon, brain. Simply seeing a stranger clad in a Ramones t-shirt made my heart throb in remembrance.

Why Harry Styles? Of all the lads at the Uni it had to be him. Of all feet the step into my favorite cafe, they had to be his. Of all the hands that pick up a pencil and draw beautiful pictures effortlessly, they had to be his. Of all the hearts in London, in England, in the world; He had to steal mine.

Now more than ever, I'm wishing for it back.

_

After a few hours of catching up with the entire family, Mum and I had decided to go shopping for Tommy. I stared out the window of her car lost in thought, as I seemed to be constantly.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Mum spoke thought the silence.

I spoke sullenly, "We're in England, and they cost a pound,"

"I reckon you don't want to speak of it, then?"

I turned my body to face forward. "I just wish Harry had told me he drugged me before I had all these intense, irritating feelings for him. And I know that I can not do this without him. I don't think I'm ready,"

"Ah," Mum sighed, "Love can be cruel sometimes. You've just got to figure if it's worth it or not. And you will be okay, Louis. Just 'cause you lost an asshole,"

"Who the hell knows what else Harry's keeping from me. Being happy with him for two months is not worth finding out he has AIDS and both me and the baby are going to die,"

Mum shook her head, amused slightly, "I think you'd know that by now."

Once we had arrived at our destination, Mum and I exited the car. I was beyond the point of caring about how people stared at me in public, what with my bump and all. Wide gazes followed me everywhere I went, and some people would kind of whisper to each other as if I couldn't see them. It used to bother me immensely, but then again, what's to be embarrassed about? None of this is my fault. Why should I feel remorse and shame for something that was out of my control?

"What kind of things are you looking for, then?" Mum inquired as we stepped into this baby shop. It was very quaint and organized, a section dedicated to strollers, a wall of baby clothes, isle of toys and bottles and formula and diapers.

Seeing all these tangible objects reminded me that there was actually a real live baby in my stomach and soon it wouldn't be there anymore, and I would be the one to care for him. That thought stressed me out even more. Frustrated, I snapped at Mum, "I don't know,"