Chapter Eighteen

LOUIS' POV

I don't know what Zayn was thinking; sending eight and a half month pregnant man to do the grocery shopping. I was stomping round half the time, angry that I had to get up, and then I spent the other half of the time looking through baby stuff.

I was almost finished retrieving all the items from the list when I rolled the trolley across a baby isle, and I couldn't resist stopping. I took a little stroll through it and felt myself get emotional (damn hormones). There were so much cute stuff; tiny clothing and miniature shoes that could fit on my fingers. Bottles and blankets and toys and teething rings and cribs and car seats.

I smiled to myself, resting a hand on Thomas. I began to wonder what he'd be like when he grew up. Would he like football like me or would he be more creative like Harry? Will he inherit my tiny stature or Harry's large frame? Will he be arrogant and smug by nature or will he be kind and sweet?

So many questions I was dying to know the answer to.

It's times like this were I feel bad about my plans to give Thomas up for adoption. I want to know how my son turns out. I want to be there through the first steps and words and walk him through the ropes of life.

I frowned to myself, drowning in thoughts as I forced myself to go back to the original task.

_

"Did you get milk?"

"No, forgot."

"Bread?"

"Nope."

"Paper towels?"

"Yeah. Wait... Yeah, no, I didn't do that either."

Zayn shook his head at me while we put away the items I did remember. "Sending you to the shop was more pointless than a walrus with no limbs."

"Be grateful I came back with anything. I'm pregnant and give less fucks than I did before."

"I just don't understand how you remembered Oreos and not paper towels,"

I lowered myself onto a kitchen chair with a grunt. "Oreos are more important to me."

"Obviously," Zayn scoffed, placing the last item in the cupboard. He then took a seat across from me and gave me a small grin. "How you holding up?"

I snickered. "My stomach weighs more than my entire body and I constantly feel like sleeping or crying."

"Well, look on the bright side. You're still hot even with a baby bump,"

I whipped my nonexistent hair. "Fat but fab."

We shared a laugh together before he shifted the subject. "So, I was chatting with Harry yesterday and-"

"Pause," I interrupted him mid-sentence. I rose an eyebrow in disbelief, "You and Harry were having civilized conversation?"

Zayn rolled his eyes. "Hardly. He's such a condescending asshole."

I smirked fondly. "It's a tiny bit sexy, isn't it?"

"No, not really. Any how, he mentions that you're still thinking about giving Thomas up for adoption?"

I let out a sigh and set my head back. "Of course this would come up again."

"You haven't got to defend yourself, I just wanted to know what you're thinking, mate,"

"Thomas is my son and I love him but I want to give him a good life. I wouldn't be able to do that. I'm not ready for a child."

"How do you mean? You're great with kids,"