Chapter Ten

LOUIS' POV

"Bye, girls. Have fun!"

Daisy and Phoebe waved good-bye to me as they ran to the school building. I decided to give Lottie the morning off and take them. I miss doing it, anyways. I used to walk them down the block every morning before I went off to uni. Man, are they crazy.

I plodded down the block with my hands shoved inside my big hoodie. Mum and I talked, and she said that we'd tell the girls about Baby Thomas later on. Until then, I'd keep the information to myself. That required covering up the stomach that abnormally large at this point.

I glanced round me, taking in the familiar scene of that town I knew and loved. The smell off rain filled the air, soothing me. I love the smell of rain. It's somewhat homey, as well. People passed by me with smiles on their faces as some of them recognized me. I waved to some and carried on back to my house.

I stepped inside and removed my hoodie. I ambled into the living-room to find Fizzy lying on the couch, bundled up and watching some American show with a guy the size of a building and his sassy brother who speaks in metaphor. I think they fight monsters or something. "Fizz, what are you doing here?"

She sniffled and peered up at me, croaking, "I'm sick,"

I could tell she was faking. I shook my head, "That shit don't work on me, Love,"

"Alright, alright," she huffed, sitting up. "I wanted to hang out with you before you went back to uni."

I grinned and glanced down at my stomach, remembering Thomas. I tugged my hoodie on again and took the weight off my feet, plopping down on the leather sofa next to my little sister. "You're lucky Mum's gulible and I'm cool,"

She giggled and turned to me, "Why haven't you visited in so long?"

"I kind of need an education if I want to be a drama teacher. I needed a break, though,"

"From drama? Ironically enough,"

I sighed, "How'd you know?"

"You always come to mum when you feel all trapped and angry. Is it Zayn?"

"Well, kinda. But, it's complicated."

She perked her head at me, "Lou, I'm 15. Don't give me that 'it's complicated' bull-shit,"

I rose an eyebrow at her, "Hey, just because I say that doesn't make it okay. And it is. I'll tell you about it later."

"This is the only time we'll be alone," Fizzy pleaded.

I rolled my eyes, "What do you even care?"

"I like Zayn! I want to know why you're fighting,"

"It's a long story, Fizz. And, I don't really think you'll completely understand it."

"I'm not a bloody child!"

"Well, you're not having one, either, so you wouldn't completely comprehend my struggles,"

"What?" She was confused by this.

I let out a forlorn sigh, removing my hoodie and tossing it onto the coffee table. I lifted my shirt to reveal my bump, "Fizz, meet Thomas. Thomas, meet your Aunt Felicity."

Her expression was unreadable at first. She just stared, dazed, at my stomach. Then she began to speak, the words not really coming out right, "You're.. Uh, I didn't know that lads could.. How?"

"Long story," I repeated, pulling the fabric of my t-shirt back over my stomach.

"I've got nothing but time," Fizzy responded, sitting back and waiting for me to retell the story.