여덟 (yeodeol)

Narrator's POV

it's been a week since taehyung and jeongguk's most heaviest argument and the latter is acting so strange.

taehyung noticed that the younger is not excited to go to the gym anymore. he's not even participating in any sports,which is so weird because jeongguk loves sports.

he refused every single time taehyung offers him his beloved lamb skewers, going as far to storm off.

ever since their fight, the older one is showering jeongguk with affection. he really meant what he said. he wouldn't give up until he knows the reason on why they can't be together.

taehyung is in the class which he shares with yoongi. their professor called in sick so they can do whatever they want. taehyung leans on yoongi's shoulder, whining on his hyung's ears.

"hyunggg, i just don't understand. he said that we feel the same but why is he pushing me away now? "

"you said that he tells you everything, right? if he really told you every single detail on his life then you would know, " yoongi said before standing up, shoving his belongings on his bag and walking out of the door before the bell can even finish ringing.

taehyung lets out a sigh before slumping back on his chair. he still doesn't want to go home. he tried to remember if jeongguk told him something bad or anything that can be the reason on his actions. after half an hour, he gave up and went home.

he passed by jeongguk and yoongi's dorm and he heard some whispering and questionable sounds. being the curious person that he is, he opened the door as quietly as he could.

eyes widening as he takes in the scene in front of him. jeongguk is pinning a girl on the wall, kissing her. taehyung immediately stormed inside and pulled them away from each other.

"get away from him! " taehyung yelled at the girl, making her cower in fear. she grabbes on jeongguk's arms tightly before hiding behind him. taehyung glared at her even more from her action.

"what the fuck, taehyung? what are you doing here? and stop shouting at her! " jeongguk wrapped a protective arm around the girl's slim waist, keeping her close.

taehyung gritted his teeth, body shaking in anger. he pointed at the girl who clings at jeongguk like her life depends on him.

"why are you kissing her? i thought you like me, jeongguk! you said you can't be with me but then this! this happened?! what the fuck are you thinking? "

"what does she possess that made you accept her and be in a relationship? we've been pinning on each other for almost a year and i fucking confessed last week and you declined, saying that you can't be with me? that you're not the man who can give me happiness? who the fuck are you to decide who can make me happy?"

"fucking answer me, jeon jeongguk! i'm so tired of searching for that freaking reason on why you can't be with me! that made you push me away so badly, "

tears cascading down his cheeks as he pants heavily. his heart is squeezing so bad that he can't almost breath. jeongguk looks away from him, arms tightening around the unknown girl's waist.

"i'm sorry for giving you false hope, taehyung. i'm in love with seoyeon and you can't change that. i've been loving her since we met in our elementary school. i was just crushing on you because she left to study in canada but now that she's back, you're not important anymore, "

the girl, seoyeon, looked up to J
jeongguk with an emotion in her eyes that taehyung can't pinpoint.

taehyung froze, eyeing the couple in front of him. seoyeon's height is just right, she can put her head on jeongguk's chest with ease and jeongguk can easily put his chin on the top of seoyeon's head. seoyeon is undeniably pretty and have a great body, curves which he doesn't have.

they compliment each other, stares and smiles with eyes full of love. they have a comfortable and peaceful aura around them, enveloping both of their bodies. they looked so close with each other that they probably know each other like the back of their hands.

"okay. if me walking away from you will make you happy then i'll gladly walk away from you. your happiness is my priority. i'm sorry for barging in so suddenly, i'll be leaving now then. please take care of each other, goodbye, "

taehyung surrenders as he gives them a bittersweet but genuine smile. and then, he left them alone.

-

seoyeon slapped jeongguk's arm when taehyung left. jeongguk hissed in pain before throwing her a glare. seoyeon glared back while putting her hands on her hips.

"what kdrama is that? " she asked as she went to sit on the couch, exhausted from the scene that suddenly happened. jeongguk sat beside her as he ruffled his hair.

"i'm sorry, seoyeon. i accidentally involved you into some complicated fight, " seoyeon waved him off, saying that it's fine.

"so, girlfriend? really? ain't that disgusting, " jeongguk shudders before chuckling. 

jeongguk stood up and stalked towards the kitchen to drink some water with seoyeon trailing behind him.

"sorry, that's the only excuse that i can think of at the moment, "

"hoe, you're dead if yana finds out that you go around saying that i'm your girlfriend. she will flip, " seoyeon giggles and proceeds to text yana, her fiancée.

"maybe i will before she finds out, " jeongguk whispers before chugging down his water, nose scrunching when the familiar bitter taste of the medicine kicks in.

"pardon? i didn't quite catch that, " seoyeon looked at him with mild amusement and curiosity. she leaned forward to hear what jeongguk is about to say. the latter shook his head softly, a smile adorning his face.

"sweet home alabama, " He mumbled with a teasing smile.

---

if you get that shit, i freaking love you.