Xavier's Angry

-Nickolas' POV-

My head was in my hands and my leg was shaking.

She's in jail.

I couldn't think about anything else at that moment. Not the news that was talking about her this morning nor the whispering of the people around me, glancing at me and the lads from time to time because they knew we were related. Right now everyone at school had found out about Dominic and how she was suspected of murder. Most people said they weren't surprised if it were true, others swore to stay away from her if she were to ever come back which made me scoff. It wasn't as if anyone was close to her to begin with.

My thoughts were then interrupted when the door of my class was opened. I lifted my head and my eyes widened at the figure standing by the door. I wasn't the only one with wide eyes though; it seemed the girls in the class were attracted too. Xavier stood there with a smirk towards all the newfound attention.

"May I help you, sir?" my teacher asked which made him look at her and nod. "Yeah, I was wondering if I could take Nick out for a bit." He says while glancing at me. I didn't wait for my teacher's response and stood up. I knew I would have to confront Xavier sooner or later and wasting time would only make things worse. He was her father figure, her trainer, her carer, and if he was here that meant that he didn't care about anything else at that time and was ready to attack me. Ready to beat me.

I walked to the front of the class, a walk that felt like it was taking eternity with everyone's intense stares on my face. My neck started to get hot as my eyes met with Xavier's own. I couldn't read him though which worried me. I wanted to go and sit back down. My body wanted to get away from him. I wasn't ready to face him. I wasn't ready.

When I was midway I felt someone grip my arm which made me breathe out startled. It was Zack. "Want me to go with you?" he asked and as much as it would probably help me, I knew I had to be stronger than that. I needed to take responsibility for my sister's situation so I shook my head negatively. "Nah man, it's alright," I replied and he nodded but I knew that if anything were to happen to me, he'd come to help.

When he let go of me I started walking again, looking back at Xavier who winked at the class before walking out of the door and waiting for me outside. I followed his lead and we both stopped at a quiet part of the school, no classes near. It was just us. Him staring right at me. It was then when I wondered how Dominic faces him every day.

"She didn't show up to training or to her matches last night. Where is she, Nick?" He asked calmly, still staring into my eyes. He didn't know she was in jail yet, I might be able to get out of this. I thought and made something up on the spot. "She's ill. It was probably the gas that the Scorpians used. It's not serious though, she'll be fine." I say with a fake grin. I tried making it as believable as I could but the way he was looking at me was frightening.

After a second he broke into a grin. "Oh, that's alright then." He says, putting an arm around my shoulders. He bought it, I thought but was then hit in the stomach, the pain was excruciating. I harshly collided with the wall and slid down, unable to keep myself up because of the pain. I held my stomach and looked up at Xavier with fear.

"Do you think I'm stupid?" he asks with a deep, low voice. I shake my head. No, I don't. I wanted to say but I couldn't open my mouth so I tried saying it through my eyes. He walked closer to me which made me shake my head faster but that didn't stop him. He grabbed my collar with his left hand and swung at my face with the right before throwing me at the wall again, making pain travel down my back.

"She's in jail Nickolas Secter! This could ruin her entire life! I should have beat you to death when you first crashed her bike!" He kicked me in the chest which made me let out a yell of pain but he didn't stop. "But instead I let her join your pathetic little gang out of pity! You don't know how to protect for shit! You can't attack if you don't know how to defend Secter!" He kept beating, but I didn't know what hurt more, his kicks, or his words. "She's your sister for fucks sake! Do you not care enough to pay attention to her a little bit more?" he asked while giving me one last blow before standing up straight, looking down at me with anger.

He was right. I should have protected her with my life.

"Arthur would have never let her get in trouble like that." He then mumbled which tore me up on the inside. My jaw clenched but at the same time, my eyes stung.

"I'm sorry." I managed to say which made him look down at me again but this time he sighed before turning away and leaving.

I tried getting up but I was in way too much pain so I just sat there in guilt. I don't know how long passed when I heard the sounds of trainers squeaking against the floor while running in my direction. "Nick!" I instantly recognized the voice to be of Zack's which made me sigh in a little relief. I open my eyes to see him kneeling down next to me. "Fuck. You look horrible, man." He helped me up after a few grunts and we slowly started walking towards the nurse's office.

"I deserve this," I say and Zack looks at me with sympathy before shaking his head. "Maybe a bit of it for how you used to treat Dominic before you found out she was you sister, but she chose to stay behind, she chose to get caught and she chose to get thrown into fucking jail. That wasn't your fault at all! When she gets out, I'm going to beat her into a bloody pulp!"

I chuckle at him but I couldn't help still be upset. "When people come out of jail they're always ten or twenty times stronger than what they were before. Considering how strong she was already, I don't think you'll be able to touch her." I looked down before continuing, "If she even gets to come out," I mumble to which Zack patted my back, "Maybe you're right about the strength part but don't worry, she'll be fine. Dominic is a street fighter and your sister. There's no way anyone will be able to stop her. Besides, a sister of yours is a sister of mine, and I have faith in all of my siblings. 

.