What The Fuck Just Happened?

-Dominic's POV-

Confusion was the first thing I had felt when I woke up that morning.

The walls were unfamiliar, the bed was unfamiliar, everything was unfamiliar. This wasn't my house, I confirmed before looking down at myself, almost afraid that I had done something I regretted. However, to my relief, I still had last night's clothes on and nothing looked or felt out of place at all.

With further inspection of the room I was in, I realised it was a guys room and that the guy was laying in the space next to me in bed. So, I slowly checked who it was only to have my breath stuck in my chest. It was Blake. This was Blake's room and I was in Blake's bed.

I calmed my racing heart before trying to look over the memories I had of last night. I was used to drinking and didn't tend to get heavy hangovers either so this wasn't hard. If I did get side-affects, I had pills at home which could cure them quickly anyway but it didn't seem to be the case. My memory wasn't affected too badly and usually, I'd thank myself for that but this time-

This time I couldn't hold in my gasp and shot a hand to my mouth. Fuck fuck fuck.

Not only had I asked him to be his girlfriend, but I also told him I was falling in love with him! Shit.

Blake was a good friend of mine, one of my only friends in fact. I've been aware for a while that I had feelings for him but I hadn't thought any results would come from them. I thought with the whole school drama aside from the whole gangs' situation would have to lead us separate ways but it hadn't. We had gotten closer if anything.

But even then, I was afraid of love. I could blame the men of Mayhem sure, but I knew deep inside that my fear was more than that. I was inexperienced and I wasn't trusting of anyone else either. I didn't know if I could get used to relying on others. If I could learn to give the love he deserved. Which is why I've been avoiding it.

I had to make a plan. I'd just pretend that I don't remember what happened last night ad hopefully that would be enough to convince him nothing happened. I was going to stick to that theory.

Yet also, in the back of my mind, I couldn't help but be a little happy with how things went last night. His reaction to me telling him I was falling in love with him was all I could dream for.

I caught the smile that was about to spread on my face and shook my head instead. This wasn't me. I'm a street fighter and now a gang member too. I couldn't do this.

I remembered what I had told Blake during our first conversation, 'Demons don't fall in love,'. It was a piece of advice that Xavier gave me after I chose my street fighter name, the Mysterious Demon. I was young then and Xavier was keen on keeping guys away from me. They were a distraction and I had to keep the focus on my fighting. It worked and, until this year, I had believed it. Yet now, I also believe that -maybe- I will one day also have a chance.

When I heard Blake starting to move I knew I had to act fast so while apologising to him in my head, I got ready to kick.

"Why the fuck are you in my fucking bed?!" I shouted after making Blake fall onto the floor with a lot of pain which was evident with his groan. I felt bad but in some way, I thought it was worth it if my plan worked. To make sure, I mumbled, "what the fuck happened last night?" loud enough for him to hear me.

He then explained how I got too drunk and so he brought me home and we went to sleep. He missed out almost all the details and that confirmed to me that the plan worked but...was I really happy about it?

In my inner doubt, I replied to him with, "oh, thanks I guess," unintentionally coming out disappointed despite the fact that I wasn't at all. Blake caught on this as well and asked me about it so I teased saying that I didn't get to 'have fun with the guys that were there' which even made my inner self scoff at me. It was all a joke of course. 'Other guys'? I had no such interest.