Protect

-Blake's POV-

I smiled down at my screen as I read Dominic's text message explaining that the was dragged out of the house by Xavier to go and train which was why the door was suddenly slammed closed all of a sudden. I trusted Xavier with Dominic so I saw no problem with him taking her but now the only issue was finding out what to do now that she wasn't here.

I wasn't bored for long though as there was a knock at the door and this time the lads and I go up to open it with caution. When we did, we saw that Arthur stood outside with a straight face. Nick was pretty welcoming and invited him in happily but there was something about him I wasn't comfortable with. After Dominic and I's last encounter with him, his presence felt off to me. What he said to Dominic and how he lied was just wrong.

Yet, I knew he was someone really special to Dominic so I couldn't just start accusing him of anything untrustworthy either so I didn't say anything and sat down with the rest in the living room.

"Guys, I need your help," he pleaded after a sigh with a tone that was different from how he spoke to Dominic, softer, so I eased my guard slightly.

"Sure man, anything," Nick said without hesitation. He looked around after to see if we agreed with him and everyone else nodded whilst I held my stern face which made him look at me with a questionable gaze but mostly ignored me.

"Dominic's being chased."

---

Arthur had a reason. That's why he acted the way he did. He was stressed and needed our help.

He told us that he knew a group of people were after her and that he knew people who could wipe her clean from the world which would keep her safe. The only problem was that Dominic was needed there with them but she won't go because she doesn't trust them which is why he needed us. Not only did we have to fight against any upcoming gangs or individuals, but also force her to go with Arthur in order to make herself undetectable.

After explaining this he gave us a place to meet him and a time to continue further planning. I no longer had any doubts in regards to him. I trusted Arthur and now all I had to do was get in touch with Dominic. I knew she would listen to me-

"No." she deadpanned as she got out of her bathroom and walked casually towards her wardrobe whilst drying her hair.

"Babe, come on, I know you find it hard to trust people but-"

"It's you who shouldn't be as trusting to him Blake," I froze when she said my name. Her voice seemed emotionless. There was no love. It was as if she no longer cared and I couldn't accept that. I went and grabbed a hold of her arm but when I did, she tensed.

"He's trying to protect you," I stated but she didn't want to hear it at all.

"He's deceiving you," she yawned and laid on her bed, detaching herself from me softly.

"How could you say that? he cares about you, D! Why can't you see that?" I asked and watched her roll to pick up a pack of cigarettes, taking one out and lighting it in probably less than five seconds.

"It may not seem like it B but I care about myself more than anyone else could," When she said that, I lost my cool and started storming towards her. I grabbed both the lit cigarette and the rest of her box and threw it out of her window using all of the strength and anger in me. I hated it. She was slowly killing herself and yet she had the nerve to say she cared about herself more than anyone else did.

I heaved a breath and was about to turn from the window when Dominic stood next to me and softly tutted, looking out at where I had thrown her things. I had expected her to be angry or pissed at me but she looked surprisingly calm, almost happy about what I had done.

"Let's just hope that doesn't start a fire yeah?" she said with amusement laced in her tone before laughing at herself slightly which made my shoulders relax and made me want to laugh with her. This was the girl I fell in love with.

"Ah, I crack myself up. Am I not funny? I think I am." She said, conversing mostly with herself before linking her arm in mine and walking us downstairs and into the kitchen and grabbing her bag. "You know what 'normal' thing we haven't done? Gone to get coffee," She turned to me and smiled, 

"Now, let's drop the past conversation and enjoy ourselves, alright B?" she asked and I could tell that although she wanted to make it sound as casual as she could, she was desperate to try and get us both to forget the subject so I sighed and decided to enjoy my time with her.

Stressing either one of us wasn't a good thing and arguing wasn't healthy for our relationship so instead, I smiled and nodded.

"Good!"

---

Having coffee with Dominic made me realise something I should have found out about her before and that was that she had a part of her that was just like any other girl. Aside from her strong set and constant cautious state, she was cheery, crazy and fun. She likes coffee dates, hugs and kisses, chocolates and flowers. She's probably not used to showing it because ever since she was small she's been taught to be strong and cold but with me, she's starting to show this other side to her and for that I am thankful.

On our way back we walked passed the bar that Dominic fights in and she asked me if we could stop so she could check the sign-ups for tonight and that was when I was reminded that I wasn't dating just any regular girl. The Mysterious Demon was exactly as her name suggests: a demon.

While she was inside I saw two guys waiting outside and I couldn't help but catch them talking about attacking M.D for some money from another guy which reminded me of what Arthur had told us earlier. My mood had changed and I walked up behind them and using the back of my gun, I knocked them both out, glaring at their unconscious bodies.

For a moment Dominic had blinded me with an ideal dream but now I was awake and knew that no matter what,

I had to force Dominic to do what we need her to do- to protect her.  

.