You?

-Dominic's POV-

Gym class was next.

I sighed. It wasn't as if I didn't like gym class, it was my speciality after all, but what we do during gym was always boring as fuck. It wasn't challenging, it didn't work up a sweat, girls usually had it easier and I couldn't use any of my strength at all. It was seriously a waste.

It was the last term of high school for me. Most people had been here for years and years and couldn't wait to get out in a months time. They claimed they'd miss the place, miss the people in it. I had no such connection. I wasn't going to miss the building I hardly spent time in, I didn't have people I was going to miss, the teachers were useless, the education system a failure. But one thing I could relate to was the want to be free.

I had taken the exams I was meant to take. I could tell I did well, Xavier would hate me if I failed anything despite all of his efforts to teach me which he's done successfully. I excelled for him. His pride was my pride. Even if I cared little to nothing about grades or moving onto American collage. My good grades are also the only reason I'm allowed to stay at this school. Nothing else kept me here.

Yet, alas, here I was. In the same corridors. Heading into the girls changing room. Despite having almost only 30% attendance, I was going to make an appearance in the last month of school and was going to attend gym class.

Silence and stares.

That was usually what I was met with now every time I went into a classroom. I didn't blame them. I've been involved in so many fights, I've been suspected for murder, I disappear. It's only natural for them to want to stay away from me but I didn't care.

I got to a corner and started changing which is when they started talking normally again, some whispering about me but it didn't bother me. I wasn't in the mood anyway. I felt..off.

After getting changed into kit we went to the sports hall where our lesson was going to be held. My eyes were glued onto the floor for most of the way there, more because of lack of interest in anything else than any other reason. When I did eventually raise my head, my eyes couldn't help but widen at what I was seeing. 

What the fuck was he doing here? I thought as I watched Xavier stand there with a grin plastered on his face.

"Gather around class so I can introduce myself to you all!" He boomed and everyone hurried to do as he ordered. Some more willingly than the rest of us. I turned to the boys and found Zack and Jake who were also in my gym class looking at me as if asking me why he was here but all I could do was shrug. My best guess would be that he was here to keep an eye on me like the doctor wanted him to.

"It's nice to meet you all! My name is Xavier but I expect you all to call me sir!" I rolled my eyes, remembering when he tried to make me call him 'sir' when he first started tutoring me. I told him to go fuck himself. "The reason I am taking your class today is that I am promoting the gym that I work at which is known for its private bodybuilding and martial arts courses. You may be may familiar with it because a shooting went down over there last year." A wave of mumbling spread between everyone. People definitely knew which gym he was talking about and of course, he had to mention the courses that he and I run. Almost made me laugh.

"Today, we're going to be looking at a bit of self-defence-" I smirked as that sentence came out of his mouth. This gym class may not be as bad as I thought any more. The rest of the class seemed excited too. After answering some more questions and talking about some health and safety rules, we were ready to get started.

"I want you all to get into pairs. Dominic, you'll be working with me." I look around to have the whole class looking at me now, Xavier grinning smugly from in between them. "As you wish," I mumbled and walked towards him.