Chapter Five

~~Three Years Later~~ (Winter Storm)
"Winter come down here and eat" yelled her father.
"No I don't want to" she yelled back at him.
"You need to eat"
"I want Max"
"Honey we've been over this everyday for three years now there is somebody after you and they will do anything to get to you including hurt him this is for the best"
"Fine" she gave up her argument and floated down from the ceiling into her fathers arms. Over the past three years Winters powers have grown. The King and Queen consulted every witch that they could to see why she had these abilities and how she got them. Only one witch was able to help. For the past year she had been helping Winter control them. Angela Thompson was the best Witch out there, and had been a huge help to the King and Queen. She had told them that Winters powers were connected to her emotions and not being with her mate after finding him at such a young age that it would take her some time to get them under control. She told them that she was born with her powers so it was ok that she had them. After a year of working it was time for her to go, she told Winter that if she ever needed her all she had to do was say her name. Winter said her goodbyes and went back to her studies. Winter learned many things but the one thing she loved the most is that she could take her mirror and see what she wanted to. She could see her mate whenever she wanted to, it didn't make up for time missed or not being able to actually be with him, but she knew she had to listen to her father because daddy knows best.
"Dad I'm going out to the garden for a while" winter said as she stepped out the back door into the garden.
"Ok sweetheart see if you can find your mother as well she went out there a little while ago and hasn't come back in"
"Ok dad" was the last thing she said before shutting the door.
Winter walked throughout the garden looking at all the flowers and looking for her mom. She had searched everywhere but the very edge of the garden. She got a very bad feeling in the pit of her stomach as she headed for the edge of the garden. The closer she got she could see a person laying on the ground. The closer she got she realized the person was her mother which made her pick up her pace and get to her. Her mother was laying face down, so she flipped over and when she did she screamed which alerted every guard and her father. Her mother was covered in blood from head to toe. She had been stabbed in her stomach, in her arm, her leg, and her face. Part of her skin had been burned with something and another part had silver on her, which was causing her healing factor to not work. It had started to rain.
"Daddy"
"Daddy" Winter screamed. She continued to scream for her father and cry. The harder she cried the harder it rained. The king ran towards his daughters cries along with all his guards and hers to where Winter was holding her mothers limp body.
"Daddy she's dead" was all she could manage to say. Before he could reply a man stepped out from the woods and stood a few feet away. He had bright yellow eyes which you could tell came from his wolf, a scar that went down the side of his face, and black hair that went down to his shoulders.
The king snatched Winter away from her mothers body and pushed her behind him. Her guards then surrounded her so the man couldn't get to her.
"Who are you and what do you want" the king asked the strange man.
"You don't remember me do you?" was the mans reply. He turned towards Winter who had calmed down just enough to watch what was going on.
"Do you remember Winter" he said in his raspy voice. She shook her head no and continued to stare.
"Well that's to bad, I see your scar has healed up somewhat dear" he said to Winter.
"How did you know about my scar" she asked him.
"I'm the one that gave it to you dear, I'm the one that hurt you and your mate, I'm the one that just killed your mother, I'm the one that's coming for your crown"
"You killed my mate"
"Yes and in time I'll come your daughter and you" he started to walk back into the woods then he stopped and turned around and said
"Just so you don't think about attacking me, I'm going to keep you busy.... Attack" was all he said before he vanished. As soon as he did hundreds of rogues appeared and began their attack.
"Brock, Anthony get Winter out of here now, don't come back until I tell you to, as long as that man is alive she in danger in trusting you guys with her life"
"Yes your highness" was there response. They dragged a kicking and screaming Winter into a car and shut the door. She banged on the window and screamed for her father. The louder she screamed, the harder she cried the worse the rain got. The last thing she saw before the car drove off was her father shift and tackle one of the rogues. They had been driving for ten minutes before Winter sat down and faced forward.
"When can we go back?" Winter said from the back seat.
"We don't know honey, we don't know" Anthony answered as the drove off to a new place they could possibly call home.