Chapter Eleven

Max walked into his room with his head hung low. He had seriously pissed off his mother and he knew he needed to fix it. He walked over to his dresser to find the picture of him and Winter, he picked it up and went over to the edge of his bed and sat down. He did what he does on many nights when he's had a rough day or needed someone to talk to. He talked to the picture like it could talk to him back.
"You know I miss you so bad, but I know your in a better place now. I'm about to turn 18 in a few months which you already know, schools about to start back up, senior year. After I graduate my dads giving me a year to travel and then I have to come back and take over the pack. I know I'll be ready but never as ready as I would be with you by my side. I saw that girl with the white hair today. The one that helped me when I shifted. She kicked me in my stomach and sent me down the stairs. She told me off and she rescued Mary Anne. There's something about her, she gets under my skin" Max continued to talk to the picture of him and a young Winter when his girlfriend Misty interrupted him.
"Talking about me" she said as she skipped to sit down next to him.
"Uh no I wasn't" he said as he got up to put the picture back where it had sat on his dresser for the last ten years.
"Then who were you talking about?" She asked him.
"No one you need to worry about"
"Well you were talking about a girl, to that stupid picture of you and some girl, why do you talk to that picture it's child...." before she could finished her sentence she was up against the wall and Max's hand was around her throat.
"Don't you ever say another word about that picture, that girl in that picture was and always will be more important then you, so don't test me" he said dropping her on to the floor.
"If she's so important then why isn't she here huh, why am I in her place, why are your hands all over my body and not hers, obviously I'm good for something" she said putting her hand on his pants buckle.
"Yea for sex" he said pushing her away and walking out of his room. He left a stunned Misty in the middle of his room.
---
Max walked into the living room to find his little sister sitting on the coffee table watching tv.
"Hey Mary what you watching" he said sitting down on the couch.
"I'm not speaking to you" she said to him not taking her eyes off the tv.
"Why not" he asked.
"Because of what you did, you let my angel leave, you didn't even thank her for bringing me back here. She took bullets for me, she got cut and beat up for me and she didn't even know me, she didn't have to come save me but she did, you made her leave me" Mary said with tears in her eyes.
"Mary listen..." Max didn't have time to finish because his little sister had cut the tv off and walked away. His day just kept getting worse and he didn't know how it would get any better. He knew his sister could hold a grudge for a while and not just anything was going to get her to forgive him. He knew his mom wouldn't talk to him for the next few days. He saw the disappointment in her eyes, he had never seen her so heart broken before in his life. He wanted to make amends but he didn't know where to start. He knew what his sister would want but didn't know how to get her angel to come back. His mom he didn't know he guessed he would have to get his act together like she had demanded him to pretty much but he didn't know how he would accomplish that when his life was pretty much taken from him.