Chapter Eight

~~~Four years later~~~ (Winter Storm)
"How long are you guys going to be gone?" Winter asked Brock and Anthony.
"We don't know honey, but it's our duty to serve your father and go where he needs us, your seventeen now you are old enough to protect yourself and start making your own decisions, we trust you completely ok" Anthony said as he picked up the last of the bags and him and Brock walked out the door.
Winter sat down on the couch and looked at her now empty house. She pulled out the papers she had hidden underneath the couch over a year ago.
She pulled them out and laid them out on the table. She was going on a mission to rescue someone very close to someone she loved. She was going to find Max's little sister Mary Anne who had been kidnapped on her second birthday over a year ago. She knew now was her only chance to go and find her. She had searched almost everyday for the past year but couldn't be gone for more than a couple hours, but now that their gone she can go to where she thinks she is.
-----
Winter had been traveling for three weeks until she found what she had been looking for. She tracked down Mary Anne's sent to this cabin and new she had to be in there. Luckily it had started to rain so none of the guards at the front of the cabin sensed her coming. She waited till it got dark to make her move. She went around the back of the house and found a way into the basement. She dropped down from the window she came into. When she dropped down part of her shirt ripped and tore in to her skin making her bleed just a bit. When her eyes adjusted to the dark she saw that there were a lot of cages in there but only one was occupied with a small girl inside she knew it had to be Mary Anne. She slowly walked up to the cell and asked
"Mary Anne honey is that you" she waited for an answer after three minutes she heard a quiet yes come from inside the cage.
"My name is Winter Storm, I'm going to get you out of here ok, I'm gonna take you back to your mommy and daddy, just stand back ok honey".
Winter backed up just a little bit so she could place her hands on the bar. She didn't realize that they were laced with silver until her hands started to burn and her skin start to dissolve. She didn't have time to scream because she knew it would only alert the guards. She let her wolf come through just a bit so she could break the cell door of its hinges. When she had removed the door she placed it to the side and walked in the cell to grab Mary. She took a blanket that had out of her bag and placed it around her before she picked her up. She knew she wouldn't be able to go the way she came in so she had to find another way out with her. She told Mary Anne to hold on to her and not look anywhere else cause more than likely they would have to fight there way out. Surprisingly Winter and Mary Anne had made it to the front door of the house before being caught.
"Where do you think your going" came a voice from behind them.
"I'm taking this little girl home" Winter said.
"Your not going anywhere, she's going back in her cell and your going six feet under" he slowly walked up to Winter who had still not turned around. Winter could feel his hot breathe on the back of her neck. He didn't have time to react to her spending around and kicking him right where it hurt causing him to bend over and clutch at his groin. Before he had time to recover Winter brought up her leg and kneed him in the face causing his nose to bleed. She took this as her chance to run out of the house and get as far away as she could. She got only a couple feet before she heard a gun fire of and she got hit once in her arm and once in her leg. At this point Mary Anne had started to cry and Winter knew she had to keep going because she couldn't let her get hurt any worse the she already was. After a while the guards had given up on finding them and Winter and Mary came out from the hiding spot. The coast was clear and Winter took off once again with Mary clinging to her front side. It took three weeks for winter and Mary to arrive at the Red Moon Pack house. By the time they arrived it was nightfall. Winter walked right up to the door with Mary Anne in her arms asleep still covered by the blanket. She knew she looked like a hot mess, she was covered in sweat, mud and blood, her hands were still disfigured as well as her arms from touching the silver in the cage. Her hair had mud in it as well, so her white hair was now caked with mud. She hadn't showered in weeks so she knew she smelled as well. She knocked on the door and waited for an answer. It took a minute till a badly beaten up Christie answered the door.
"Oh my god Christie what happened to you?" Winter asked her completely in shock. She didn't answer her just looked down, she could tell that Christie didn't recognize her because of how she looked so she just asked if she could see the Alpha. Christie told her to follow her. She showed her to the Alphas room and walked away. Winter knocked on the door and heard a rough come in. She slowly opened the door and walked in.
"Can I help you?" Alpha Stevens asked her. Winter looked around the room and saw Max sitting in the corner slumped in a chair.
"Excuse me miss, can we help you?" Alpha Stevens asked her again.
" Oh um I'm sorry, yes, I have something for you" she said looking down to the sleeping girl in her arms. It wasn't until she looked down that everybody else's realized that she had something in her hands. Winter proceeded to tell everyone how she found what she had in her hands and how she got out.
"Here's your little girl back, it took my three weeks to get her, she is in serious need of medical attention" she said as she handed over a sleeping Mary Anne to her father.
"Thank you so much" Luna Paige said as she hugged a very dirty Winter.
"Your so welcome Luna Paige I would have done anything for you and Max" Winter said as she walked out of the door. Paige looked at her husband and then ran after Winter. Winter was out the front door before Paige had caught up with her.
"Hey wait" she yelled cause winter to stop and turn around.
"Is something wrong?" Winter asked. Luna Paige walked up to Winter and hugged her she didn't care if she was getting dirty or not.
"Are you ok?" Winter asked.
"I am now that your back Winter" she said.
"You recognize me?" Winter asked her.
"Of course I do, now come inside and take a shower I'll have someone run out and get you some clothes"
"Luna Paige why don't they recognize me"
"Your dirty sweetheart and the last time any of the kids saw you your hair was brown and you guys were seven it's been ten years"
"Does Max remember me?"
"He remembers you, just not the fact that your mates, he knows he's met his mate already, and it kills him that he can't remember. So two years ago to get his mind off you he got a girlfriend, her names Misty Jackson. Honey I'm so sorry"
Winter couldn't believe that her mate had a girlfriend and he didn't remember her. She followed Luna Paige inside and up to her old room to get the stench , sweat and blood off of her.