Chapter Sixteen

Winter pulled up into the school parking lot and groaned. She had absolutely no desire to be here. She didn't even know why she came today. Part of her knows she came for Christie because she knew how she would be treated if she hadn't. Just as her and Christie were getting out of her car Max pulled up with his people.
"Come on Christie don't let them get to you" she said and started to walk away. She turned around to see Christie staring at the Betas son. She looked at Christies face and realized what he was to her, then she looked at Chris's face and he had a look of pure disgust. She walked over to Christie and pulled her towards the school.
"You wanna talk about it" Winter said as she opened the door for Christie to enter the school.
"Can we not till we get home please"
"Yea sure it's whatever you wanna do, just don't shut me out we're family" Winter said as she walked into the front office to grab her schedule.
"Thank you" Winter said as she grabbed her schedule from the desk lady and headed towards her first class.
As she stepped into her first class she noticed that Misty and Max were in the same English Four class as her, and of course they we're sitting right next to each other. As soon as Misty saw Winter walk into the room she grabbed Max and immediately started to kiss him, and run her fingers through his hair. Although it hurt Winter to see her mate kissing someone else she didn't let Misty get the satisfaction of seeing her hurt. When Misty looked at Winter she just rolled her eyes and kept walking. She had know idea who she was dealing with. The bell soon rang and everyone filed in for the class to start. Just before the teacher shut the door one more kid slipped in and took his seat beside Winter.
"Ok class open the work books that are under your desk to page one and fill it out, then open your text books and read page 126-132" the teacher said as he to take his seat.
"Psst"
"Psst"
"What do you want" Winter said looking at the kid next to him not realizing who he was. When she did she just looked at him shocked. And then proceeded to ask him what he was doing there.
"I came here to check on you, I got to the house and saw that it was pretty much empty so I figured that you had moved in with this pack, so I enrolled in school because I know how Luna Paige is she's just not gonna let you not go to school"
"That's just being a stalker Marcus"
"So, I was sent to make sure you were ok"
"Well I am so please leave"
"Nope because you know as soon as I go back and tell my dad and Anthony where you at their gonna throw a shit fit"
Marcus and Winter continued to argue the rest of the class period all the while being watched by Max. Max used his werewolf hearing to listen in on what they were talking about and just gathered up enough information to know that they knew each other from a while back. He felt a bit of jealously from the interaction even if they were only arguing, he didn't know why he did he just did. The bell rang and Winter shot out of her seat with Marcus following suit. The next two class periods she had flew by and then lunch came. She met up with Christie in the hallway and hooked arms with her and walked into the lunchroom.
"What are you doing?" Christie asked as the walk towards the lunch line.
"I haven't seen you all day, I wanna know how your day has gone so far"
"Well my day so far has been kind of shitty is you have to ask, first period got spit balls thrown at me, second period I had flour dumped on me, third period nothing really happened because it's study hall but Misty is in study hall with me and her and her friends were whispering the whole time and pointing to me so I figured they have something planned to make my day worse".
"Damn girl I'm sorry your day was so bad"
"Yea well it's been like that for pretty much four years now, anyway how has your day been"
"It's been ok, my old friend Marcus resurfaced his dad is one of my bodyguards so we pretty much grew up together, his dad sent him here to check up on me he left though no doubt to tell his dad that I've moved in with you guys".
By the time Christie and Winter finished talking they had grabbed there food and headed out to find a table. Winter had pointed to one that was kinda in the corner but figured it was ok because she knew Christie was uncomfortable in crowds. They got to the table and sat down. Half way through lunch Christie felt something wet get dumped on her and then heard the whole lunch room erupt in laughter. Winter stood up to see the culprit was none other the Misty and her little group of bitches. Winter didn't bother to say anything she just swung her fist and broke her nose. She bent down and helped Christie up. She grabbed her stuff and Christies from the table.
"Move bitch" Winter said to a broken nosed Misty. Misty group parted for them to pass none of them dared to lay a finger on Winter. She most definitely had the whole lunch room attention.
"Come on were going home" Winter said ushering Christie out the school doors and into the school parking lot.
"We can't skip on our first day"
"We stayed the majority of the day that's all that counts, ok now get in my car, you need to change and we still have to talk"
----
Max walked over to where Misty stood holding her broken nose and sobbing.
"Are you just gonna let her keep abusing me" Misty asked Max.
"She was defending her friend, you guys had no reason to do that to her in such a public place. There are wolves and humans here so you need to be careful on what you do" Max said removing Misty hand from her nose and replacing her hand with his and snapping it back in place.
"There now go sit down and eat" he said walking back to where his group of friends were sitting.
----
"Just go up to my room" Winter said as she and Christie walked into the house.
Christie ran up the stairs to Winters room and as soon as Winter went to follow suit she was stopped by Luna Paige.
"What are you doing home" she asked.
"Long story, but you know what we'll stay all day tomorrow ok"
"Ok fine, you'll be explaining later" Luna Paige said walking away.
Winter walked up the stairs and to her room and as soon as she got in there she slammed the door shut causing Christie to look up from the floor.
"Spill" was all she said as she sat down in front of Winter.