Chapter Twelve

It had been a week since Winter had come back to her little house after almost killing Max. She couldn't believe he had changed so much. She couldn't believe he would beat up Christie like that she did absolutely nothing to deserve that. She had hoped that Christie would come and visit her or come and stay with her after telling her where she would be at, and after all she went through. She couldn't stand the fact that her best friend was getting brutally beaten and she stayed there. She knew she cared about her mom but her mom could have came to. Winter let out a sigh and plopped down on her couch and closed her eyes. All she had been doing this week is thinking about everything that had happened. The one look she couldn't get out of her head was Mary Anne's. She had really hurt that little girls feelings, and she couldn't stand the fact that she had hurt her. Winter hadn't realized she had fallen asleep until a knock on her door woke her up. She slowly got up to open the door. When she opened it she hadn't realized that her tank top had ridden up and her shorts had ridden up a little bit to. She looked straight out and didn't see anybody. She was getting ready to close the door when she heard a down here. She looked down to see Mary Anne standing there with a big smile on her face.
"Mary Anne what in the world are you doing here" she asked shocked.
"I wanted to see you" she said walking past Winter and into her home. Winter was shocked as she shut the door and followed Mary Anne back into her living room.
"Mary honey does your mommy and daddy know where you are"
Mary looked down ashamed and shock her head no.
"You know I'm gonna have to take you back right" Winter asked her.
"Yea but can you just take me tomorrow the sun is already starting to set"
"Honey I can't just let you stay here and not tell anyone"
"Yes you can"
"No I can't, now give me a minute so I can tell your mama where you are"
"Luna Paige"
"Yes"
"It's Winter, are you missing something?"
"Yes Mary Anne has run off, she hasn't talked to anyone since you left"
"Well I found her, or better yet she found me, she doesn't want to come back tonight can I just bring her back in the morning?"
"Yes of course that's fine"
---
Winter closed off her mind link and looked at Mary and told her her mama said it was ok for her to stay. 
"So since your here what do you
wanna do?" Winter asked her.
"I wanna watch Cinderella" Mary said putting to her shirt that had a picture of Cinderella on it. Winter looked through her huge selection of movies till she found Cinderella. She put it in the DVD player and then went to go fix a bucket of popcorn. As soon as the popcorn was finished she put it on the coffee table and sat down. As soon as her butt hit the couch there was a knock on the door.
"Ugh, who is it" Winter asked not leaving the couch.
"It's Christie"
Winter got up off the couch and opened the door for a distraught Christie.
"What's the matter" Winter asked pulling Christie in and shutting the door.
"It's my mom"
"What about your mom"
"She's died last night and they won't let me give her a proper burial"
"Why won't they"
"Idk why, I just came over to see if you wanted to come to her makeshift funeral, I can't really afford anything fancy seeing as we didn't have much"
"Of course ill come, your my best friend , I would do anything for you, when is her funeral"
"It would have to be now because tomorrow they are gonna just burn her body and then just leave the ashes where they are"
"Oh um Christie,Mary Anne's here and I can't leave her by herself" Winter said feeling a little guilty.
"Oh I understand" Christie said getting up to leave. Before she could exit the house Mary Anne grabbed her hand and told her she wanted to come to her moms funeral.
"Well I guess it's settled then" Winter said grabbing her keys and ushering everyone out of her house.
Christie lead everyone to where her mom would be buried.
"There she is" Christie said pointing to a coffin where her mom payed buried inside.
"Christie would you like to say a few words about your mom?"
Christie shock her head yes and went to stand next to the casket.
"My mom was my rock, after my dad left she was the only thing I had till I met you Winter. You became the person who stood up for me and all omegas, you gave my mom hope that I would be taken care of after she was gone. After you disappeared and the attack on the castle my mom stayed strong and she never lost hope in you, she knew you were alive. The last thing she said to me was that I was in good hands now, she was able to die in peace because you were back, she held on just long enough to see me happy again, and she wanted me to tell you thank you for saving my life" when Christie had finished her speech she had tears in her eyes.
"My turn" Mary Anne said taking Christies place in front of the casket.
"Ms. Samantha was the nicest lady in the world, and I loved her very much, she made me cookies and she would stay with me when I asked her to cause I would have nightmares. I know she wasn't my mommy, but I know she was a good one"
"I guess I'm last" Winter said taking her place in front of the casket.
"I really don't have much to say, I haven't seen Ms. Samantha in over ten years. And I know that is way to long of a time to be gone. But what I really want to say is that Christie don't think that you don't have family because you do, you may not be related to me but you are and will always be my sister" Winter said moving from in front of the casket and hugging Christie. It had begun to rain when they lowered the Christies mother into the ground.
"She's gonna be ok, shes up there with god and the moon goddess they will take care of her, now how about we go finish watching Cinderella" Winter said picking up Mary Anne and taking Christie by the arm and leading them back to her little home.