3rd

"A meeting with sponsors?" I blinked twice and looked at Fujio who is as confused as I am. "Fujio.. and me?"

"Yes," Ms. Jane who came all the way from Toronto told me with a smile on her face. "Fujio and you, Mr. Hanyu. The company thought it would be better to include the coaches in this new campaign to show how important they are in the athletes' lives."

"That's actually pretty clever." Fujio added. "Coach, you're gonna be a star again!"

I chuckled at his words and replied, "Let's focus on you first, Fujio." I looked at Ms. Jane once again. "When is it and where?"

"In Toronto, a couple of days later. We'll be sending you an email regarding to this for further information. We're still working on small details to make sure that everything is perfect for a living legend like you, and your little apprentice."

Toronto. It's been a while.

"Don't flatter me that much," I laughed, "but thank you Ms. Jane, I appreciate it. I look forward in meeting your team."

We watched the woman leave as I sigh right after the door closes.

"Aren't you too young for this? Why did I ever.."

"Hanyu-senshū. This is perfect! More people will know how awesome figure skating is." Fujio excitedly said, making me smile. He's right.

"Okay, but I don't know still.. we're here anyway, so might as well just continue." I pat his head which made him show a toothy grin at me.

Fujio stood up and went to get his skates from the rack. "You know coach, my classmates would often laugh at me for being in this sport. The boys, specifically." He went to me and I noticed his glum expression. "But when they knew that you were my coach, man, they were so hyped. They wanted to be my friend instantly! You have so much influence all over Japan."

He stopped in front of me and looked up to me. Somehow, his gaze sent shivers all over me. "That's why I really like this opportunity to show everyone how much I'm proud of you, how much I'm proud of us!"

Fujio has been a cheerful kid ever since I met him. It was back when I was still skating. He went to one of my ice shows and personally met me backstage. He told me he will wait until I'm available as a coach, and then he'll take me as his. I laughed it off because he was such a silly child, but look at him now, collecting gold medals at a young age! Like me. Hah.

I was touched at what Fujio had said. Almost made me cry to be honest. I pulled him into a short hug and answered, "Thank you. You're like a son to me, you know that?"

"Yeah, without a mom." He joked as I roll my eyes and ruffle his hair.

"How about Miss Chihomi?" Fujio added.

Oh, Chihomi. I met her 2 years ago, I was already coaching Fujio that time. Let's say she was.. a fan.

She's here from Sendai too. She usually visits the rink to give me and the kids some treats she makes herself. She.. told me she has an eye for me but.. I didn't turn her down, yet I didn't really reciprocate her feelings. I guess that's why she's still pursuing.

"You know, Fujio.."

"Oh, Miss Chihomi!" The door sprung open as Chihomi herself appears, strutting happily with a paper bag in her hand.

I put up a smile on my visage and said, "Hello, Miss Chihomi."

"I told you, it's just Chihomi," she replied, giving me the paper bag. Opening it, I saw two packs of macarons, 4 in each.

"You didn't have to," I said, laughing sheepishly as Fujio snatches it from me, staring at the pastries happily. "But thanks a lot, Mi-- oh, um, Chihomi. I appreciate it."

"You're welcome, coach." She answered, her face reddening a bit while she tucks her hair behind her ear.

"Hey, if Hanyu-senshū's my dad and you get to be my mom, will you bake me more of these?" Fujio asked with his mouth full of macarons. I tried to shush him, embarassed about his words.

"F-Fujio."

"Sure!" Chihomi strokes the boy's hair and looks at me before saying, "..If coach agrees."

Ohhhh man, Fujio.

My student looks at me, then to Chihomi, then back to me again. I gulped and chuckled nervously, pushing Fujio towards the door immediately. "Your dad will be here any minute. Go. Go outside and wait for him."

"Coaaach-"

"Fujioooo. Go ahead. Take care. Eat a lot so that you'll have energy tomorrow."

Fujio grunted and proceeded outside, leaving me and Chihomi alone. Upon closing the door, I turned to the woman and smiled a bit.

"Do you want to drink with me for a while?"

[A/N: While talking to Miss Jane, Yuzuru and Fujio were speaking English fluently as this is set in the future. I figured that Yuzuru would be very good in English by then and skaters would take effort to learn English so that they all could communicate well! However, when there's a conversation between two Japanese people, well, let's assume that they're speaking their language.]