14th

Suddenly, tears fell down my cheeks. I wasn't sure why, but hearing those words from Yuzuru, seeing his face, suddenly made me cry. And I couldn't stop.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry," he spoke. Between hics, I tried to speak. It was incoherent so I decided to stop trying.

Yuzuru remained quiet then until I calmed down. He stood up and left before coming back with a cup of water and a bunch of napkins.

"Here you go. We should come back to the office." He said. I lifted my head and saw him with concerned eyes, even though his face is trying to conceal it.

I nodded and took both before standing up.

I still sob as we walk back to the building. I'm becoming annoyed of it, and thinking about the unknown reason why I cried irks me more. Is it relief? Is it guilt?

The man beside me cleared his throat. "Aren, I apologize—"

"No," I countered. I sniffed. "It's fine. We just have those days where we're quite emotional." I faked a laugh, in which I thought is not even passing.

Yuzu just stayed silent and smiled. It looked like he didn't want to protest. It was nice.

However, my make up is now ruined, which is not nice. I kept wiping my face with my make up remover wipes as we walk, hoping that I've taken away every piece of evidence that I cried.

When we reached the building, Yuzuru stopped before going into it.

"Fujio and I have the rest of the day off." He said, turning to me.

I did the same action and replied, "Is that so? Uh, well then. I'll go back. Have a good day." We locked eyes, then decided to look down because I just can't look him in the eye after all he had just said.

I heard a stiffled laugh in front of me. "Aren. You're still as adorable as ever." He chuckled once again and held my chin up, grabbing my used wipes and proceeded to gently remove the rest of my smudged mascara. My heart skipped a beat. It shouldn't. It can't.

I should also probably buy the waterproof ones next time.

"Senshū!" A voice called from the entrance, making Yuzuru and I turn to it.

"Oh? Miss Aren? Were you out with coach?" Fujio blinked, raised his finger and pointed at me, then to Yuzuru.

"OH! So you were talking about yourself earlier! You're Miss Aren's mmpfffbt—!"

Before Fujio could finish his words, Yuzuru jumped in and covered his mouth. "Okay, Fujio. Too talkative. Let's go. I promised to take you out today, didn't I? I'll see you around then, Aren." He smiled for the last time before dragging poor Fujio away. These two.

- - - - - -

"Aren, look! Isn't that Yuzuru?" My mother yelled from the living room. From the kitchen, I took a short peek at the TV and saw that it was showing the Olympics in Pyeonchang. I didn't realize it was today. I sighed and rolled my eyes, closing the fridge with my foot.

"Yeah, sure, mom."

"Look, he's starting his program! Are you not gonna watch him?"

"Mom," I stopped walking. "No. I'm not. I have a midterm tomorrow. I'm going to my room, don't bother me okay?" I ambled with a frown on my face.

Upstairs, I could still hear the commentary about Yuzuru, but vaguely. My attention is split between eavesdropping and studying.

Champion.. injury.. brave.. survive.. chance. I decided to disregard the things I've heard.

I shouldn't have.

At the middle of reviewing, my mom squealed "Oh my gosh!!" which distracted me. I was about to go down but.. didn't bother.

I should've gone down.

The next morning, mom looked really worried and couldn't look at me directly. Once when I asked her what was wrong, she opened her mouth but decided not to say anything.

She should've said something.

[A/N: Almost 20k reads for SIL, 2k for FJ and I have reached 1k here! I sincerely thank everyone!! Ya'll are awesome 🙌🏼]