4th

I've been very nervous about this project since the moment I knew who's going to be the people I'll work with.

8 years. It's been 8 years.

It's been so long, how could fate or whatsoever play a trick like this?

I shuffled through the papers in my desk and switched from looking between my laptop and files. I scrolled down and saw Yuzuru's photo from 2018. I've completely shut myself away from figure skating ever since, so I didn't actually keep up with the news. I squinted my eyes as I read the article's title.

"Olympic Champ No More?"

Clack. I heard the door open that made me close the tab.. defensively? I gasp at my own action and looked at who arrived.

"Hey," Jason closed the door and smiled at me, although tiredness is evident.

"Hi." I got up and greeted him with a kiss and a short hug. He rubbed my back and sighed, going straight to our bedroom.

"How's your day?" I asked, walking back to my workplace.

"Good." Jason yelled back, then there was silence, but then he answered again, "Who am I kidding. No, I'm so tired. It wasn't good."

"Aww." I sighed and brought myself to the room just to see him slump his body onto the bed. I sat down and played with his hair, making him smile.

"Do you wanna go out tomorrow? You know, for dinner. Maybe you could ask for an early off?" I started, but he inhaled loudly and switched his head to the other side.

"I, uhh, don't know about that. Sorry, I just kind of wanna sleep whenever I get home. It's just that, everything's so exhausting right now." He promptly crawled his way to his spot and wrapped himself with the blanket. "Maybe next time, babe."

I gulped and looked down at the white sheets and answered almost inaudibly, "But it's been a while since.. we've.. bonded.."

There was silence for a bit but Jason managed to blurt out a "Good night, love you." before falling asleep.

"Good night.. I.. love you too."

[A/N: Sorry I'm changing back the titles to just numbers cuz I don't think I'll be able to think of nice ones haha!]