17th

I went to the office with a weird feeling on my chest. I grabbed more tissue and removed the remaining smudged make-up. I thought about how Yuzuru held my face and wiped my mascara off and how he laughed at my silly face ㅡ I had to splash my face with water.

I let the water drip from my face before drying it as I sigh. I never once thought that we will meet again.

I probably did, okay, but not like this. I wonder why I'm still affected by our past. We've grown up, have our own lives now without each other. Yet fate decided that it wants to play with us a little again. I shook my head and continued to dry my face.

My phone rang and an unknown number popped up on the screen. I frowned and stared at it before picking up.

"Hello?"

"Good day, is this Aren Robins?"

I blinked twice ㅡ I recognize this voice. My face lit up when I finally remembered who this was.

"Brian Orser? Coach Brian! Hey! How did you get my number?"

Coach laughed in the other line. "I got it from Yuzuru."

I never gave Yuzuru my number?

"Oh? Oh. Uhm, I see. Why did you call me so sudden though?"

"Just wanted to ask if you're available for dinner tonight? Javier and Nam will be with us."

"Really? Oh wow, I'm excited! I should be out around 5pm, just text me the address."

"Great! I'll tell the boys. See you later, Aren!"

I excitedly grasped my phone tight. I haven't seen them for so long! I thought Nam moved to California though? And why is Javi here? I can't wait to catch up with them.

Suddenly, I remember Jason. I'd have to text him I won't be home early.

It's so nice that Jason is not like the other guys ㅡ controlling and stuff

It's so nice that Jason is not like the other guys ㅡ controlling and stuff. He's pretty chill. He knows who to trust. Anyway he knew of them ever since we were 17.

-------

"Aren could you work on these for me?" Keith dropped a load of paperwork on my desk as he stretch his neck and arms. Keith always does this to me. I checked the time and it was 4:50.

I smiled, although a bit hesitant. "Sorry, Keith. I have to meet some people tonight. I don't think I'll be able to stay a bit more."

I continued to smile although I feel like it's slowly turning into a sneer. Keith is my senior, it has always been difficult for me to turn him down. He narrowed his eyes at me which sent shivers to my spine. What if he tells Hannah and she fires me!? This job was a great caㅡ

"Okay." He sighed and lifted the paperworks again. What?

"I was supposed to buy clothes and my fave shop closes at 5. I guess I could go tomorrow anyway." Keith walked away as if nothing happened.

I clenched my chest and exhaled too, relieved. He's not that bad after all. I finished my remaining work and happily waited for 5pm.

"Oh, you're out too?" Kayla passed by my desk, swinging her car keys in her finger. I filed the folders one last time and set them aside, grabbing my bag.

"Yeah. You going?"

"Ya. Wanna ride?"

"Oh," I grinned. "Thanks but nah. I'm meeting some people for dinner tonight."

Kayla frowned. "And you don't have a car. I mean, you're gonna commute your way there?"

"Ahh...." I just remembered. It's still being repaired. "Yeah...?"

And just like that, I found myself inside Kayla's car.

"Thanks, girl." I sheepishly laughed as I buckle my seatbelt.

"No worries. Who are you meeting anyway?" Kayla reversed and then moved ahead.

"Um, Brian Orser and his old boys."

"What? The Brian Orser? And like, Javier Fernandez? And our Yuzuru Hanyu?"

I like how she said our Yuzuru Hanyu.

And wait, I didn't think he'll be there. He wasn't mentioned? But that'd make sense though.

"Yes, them." I felt embarrassed to say that. It feels like I'm a big time person who knows all these famous athletes.

"Woah, I didn't know you knew them! You never told me. How did you get to meet them?" She excitedly asked. I never wanted to tell this to people.

"Ah.. Well.. That.." I sipped on my water nervously.

"Oooh, you must've dated one of the boys~!"

I almost spit the liquid out and choke. Kayla laughed at me because she knew I'd get flustered about it, and I can feel my ears heat up right now.

"No! K-Kind of.. But no."

Kayla gasped and looked at me, stopping for the red light. "Kind of? Who was it? Oh my god."

I rolled my eyes. We didn't date, didn't we? I leaned towards Kayla's ear, but pulled myself back again. "The light is green."

Kayla turned to face forward and hit the gas. "You're unfair."

"We didn't date." I crossed my arms and sighed. "Officially. I don't want him to think that I'm spreading rumors about us."

"You're unfair. Hmp." Kayla snorted at me so I laughed and shook my head.

After a few turns, we reached the destination. It looked like a fancy restaurant. I mean, sometimes we can see how fancy the place is from the outside.

"Here you go, princess." Kayla grinned.

"Thank you, my loyal valet." I chuckled as I got out of her car.

"Ah, hey. Don't forget to put make-up on if you wanna look presentable." She waved me goodbye and went ahead.

Oh no. I totally forgot.

As I walk towards the door I rummaged my bag for my make-up, but I couldn't see them. I must've left my kit in the washroom. Oh no.

Because of my unattentiveness, I bumped into someone, getting my things flung to the floor. Why am I like this?

"I-I'm sorry! I should've paid attention." Geez, what if it's a rich businessman?

A hand grabbed my ID as I see the man squat down.

"Ah, Miss Aren! You're here!"

I looked up and saw Fujio grinning at me, his face resting on his palm. "We always bump to each other. That's weird, isn't it?"

Behind him was Yuzuru, and he blinked at me once before waving and smiling.

I think I need to splash my face with water again.

(A/N: thank you for 5k+ reads! Btw does anybody know the day and time for the ex gala? Tysm!)