5th

"How are you?"

As awkward as can be, I don't really know how to start a conversation. I sip from my hot chocolate and smiled at the lady in front of me.

"I've been well. Honestly, I thought of somewhere else when you asked me to drink with you." Chihomi replied which made the both of us laugh.

I placed my cup down at the table. "You know I don't drink alcohol that much, Miss Chihomi. Besides, cafés are better, don't you think?"

Chihomi softly smiled as she drink her tea. "I think it's quite romantic."

I gazed at my cup and maintained my expression before pulling myself to the back rest. I sighed and scratched the side of my face with my finger. "About that.."

"I know." Chihomi interrupted.

I looked to her, confused.

"I know," she sighed. "Can't really be Fujio's mother." She grinned, but there was something in her eyes that hints insincerity with her smile.

"I'm sorry.." I spoke, not really knowing how to continue. "We've talked about this but.. I really feel bad about you exerting efforts, you know?You take care of the kids, spoil Fujio and me. It's just.. I feel like I owe you."

"Pshh, you're being too much, coach."

We stared at each other for a while before I felt a shiver in my spine that made me take another sip and look away.

"I like you," Chihomi muttered. I didn't look back.

"You know that I do. But don't let that put pressure on you or something. Think of me like some, I don't know, a fan that annoys you, it's fine. As long as I get to be with you. It's not like I'm doing any harm, right?"

"Chihomi.." I finally glanced up and saw a sad smile.

"But, I don't guarantee you that I'll stop after this. I really, really, genuinely have feelings for you. I'm still hoping you'll consider that, even if it takes you a long time."

Chihomi then stood up, never wiping that small smile of hers. "I'll see you tomorrow? I'll bring Fujio something after practice."

I merely snorted a short chuckle as a response, standing up as well.

She waved and walked away, leaving me alone in the café. I'm not sure if this talk made me at ease about our situation, or it just made it worse.

[A/N: If I happen to update a very short chapter, don't worry, I'll update a 2nd one right away :)) which will be as equally short lol]