Holiday to paradise

amelieldxo so happy to be back with him and in a beautiful city

Both Toby and I were cuddled up on the bed watching the sunset through the balcony doors. It was too cold to chill outside however we couldn't ignore the beauty. I think we are okay now but Toby doesn't want to talk about it. To be honest I don't blame him, but we need to clear the awkward air that I tried to ignore but couldn't for much longer.

"Toby can we talk about the past weeks?" I perked up not looking at him to avoid the looks he would give me when I tried to talk.

"Why do you want to talk about the bad when we have the good in front of you?" He tried to avoid the question like he normally does. Normally I would allow him but not this time I want answers.

"Please Toby we need to talk about it. Can you not feel the awkward air between us?" I pushed more being more aggressive than I normally am. I really am determined to get an answer.

"Well we can try and not make it awkward, but how can I forget that you flew back to France and tried to be with you stupid ex-boyfriend because of me? It kills me to think that you think you are worth that. You are worth someone better than me, you are worth the world" Toby has never told me the truth about his feelings and to know that he thought this breaks my heart.

"It was never your fault. You had a right to have those feelings and I should have been over him but I weren't he was my first love but you will always be my true love the one I want to be with forever" I started cry but I couldn't show it. I didn't want to lose him and second time. I really couldn't.

"I should have realised it before but I didn't and tuned you out which caused you to go." He started "We talked about it can we drop it now. I don't want it to upset you?" He said softer and walking over to me, he carefully took my body into his arms like I was going to break in his arms. He didn't allow me to reply before he softly said "Let's go bed now. we have a long morning ahead of us"