betrayal

Hey guys... so here we are. I'm sorry this took a week to get out without any message it was going to take this long 😖
I needed a well deserved (at least I think so) break.

I've been updating for 4-5ish months straight. Once a week (kinda) with occasionally a 4 day set back, due to school and stressful events.
(If you've been here since the beginning you might remember 5 updates in the course of three weeks)

The thing about jumping back in is that I wrote my entire plan in a matter of hours and wrote the first chapter so quickly that I didn't really process it all. So I took the time to process, and guess what? I scrapped the entire build up... it was bad. But it was good in a way! Because I have a better story! Yay.

----

"Break it up!" Coran shouted.

Lance's hand relaxed and Keith backed away, dusting himself off.

The spicy boys were still glaring each other but they had their hands off. Allura's eyes were wide and right behind Keith.

"Lance Mcclain right?" Coran asked. "Let's go over some audition things and such."

Lance was still focused on Keith and tripped over his words, "Y-yea Director Coran, that sounds good." He backed up to go with Coran but narrowed his eyes and sneered. "Have fun."

Keith stared at his back and only letting his eyes leave his back when he disappeared behind a door.

"Keith?"

Keith snapped out of his trance and saw Allura looking worriedly at him.

"You'll be able to do this. Ghiro is a fabulous role," Allura said assuringly. Keith nodded. This was a big step in his career. Breaking out of the evil characters for once. This was the main role. It seemed more like something Shiro would do, but Keith wanted to be better than Shiro. Or at least stand at the same level.

It was a lot to live up to.

He breathed in and out feeling the confidence flood into his body.

Allura was right, this role was going to get him to the same level as Shiro. Ever since he was young, it was like a competition to be the best for his adoptive parents. Their attention was hard to get when Shiro was getting bigger in the movie industry. Keith followed in his brother's footsteps, just always not as popular.

Allura snapped her fingers in Keith's face.
"Keith! They just called you up, get moving!"

Keith smiled apologetically and went for the audition.

Lance, on the other side of things, was struggling. Ghiro was a strong big guy and honestly pretty serious. He felt like he'd be more comfortable with a different role.

Keith hadn't helped the situation. It was putting Lance on edge. Keith was quite obviously coming for his role.

Keith was a good actor sure but Lance knew he could do this role if he tried.

Do it for Nyma

I will never lose a role to Keith.

Not again.

---

The blood drained from Lance's face.
Keith felt his legs go weak.

Two weeks later and what did Keith and Lance get cast in Foltron?

"Are you seriously telling me this is the casting choice."