stylist

I feel so awful right now like I might puke but I needed to get this chapter out bc it's already late so if there are any pole holes or mistakes I missed tell me ill fix it. thankkkkk you!

God, I am seriously dazed, hopefully this is fine.
Not Edited

----

Keith walked down the stairs into the men's bathroom, it had been a few days since they all met up for a reading of the script and today was the first day of filming.

It had also been awhile since he and Lance had shared the hallway, wallowing.

In the bathroom was Pidge. They looked stunning, honestly. They hadn't been at the read through of the script because of a Pride Parade and various other events they attended afterward.

"Pidge!"

They looked at Keith in the mirror and their face lit up like a flashlight.

"Keith!" They turned around, swinging their arms around him. "It's been too long."

"So long! You look so good."

The last time he had seen Pidge, they had been struggling with their fan base changing over to "They" pronouns. They called them "Katie and she/her" and they were breaking down all the time. At first 'Katie' went to Pride because they thought they were bisexual but as they grew older Pidge realized they didn't fit with "Katie." When Keith and Pidge met they both bonded when Pidge was still called Katie.

Pidge was looking more feminine today with a dark green shirt that was way too big for them that draped flat over their chest. Keith wondered if they had gotten a binder, not that they had had a super noticeable chest before. They also had a darker green skirt that mostly covered by the shirt and black leggings on. Their hair was cut short and they ran their hands through their hair.

"I'm so excited for this show!" Pidge said gleefully.

"Me too," Keith lied.

------

Lance sat in a tall chair as makeup was sprinkled on to his face like fairy dust.

Filming....

Lance felt uneasy, thinking about Nyma hadn't called him back in days.

I really shouldn't be doing this show.

He looked into the mirror as the makeup artist finished up. The artist turned away for a moment to speak with one of the set managers about when Lance would be ready.

Lance turned his face left and right, seeing the magic of makeup up close.

"He should be ready and on set in a minute," The makeup artist said to the manager before he left. "It's time to get going honey," said the artist.

Lance looked at the mirror and back at the artist, "I don't think-"

"You're finished, darling."

"Ok fine."

The artist gave Lance a handsome smile before being called over to help one of the cast members put on a wig.

Lance looked into the mirror and with the bright lights, he could see all his imperfections even with the makeup. His eyes grazed the table in front of him with all the makeup scattered about and reached over and grabbed a brush. He dipped it in some type of power and dusted it across his face. It had been years since he had even tried to use makeup and it smudged together into a mess.

He remembered his sisters' makeup and him putting it on when he was six. His sisters caught him in their rooms with highlighter and eyeliner all over his face and other various products. They laughed at him and did his makeup all over again, this time, looking amazing.

Lance could remember that feeling of confidence, wasn't it possible to get that back?

Ten minutes later and he resembled a painted doll. Lance looked into the mirror and saw someone he didn't recognize the person staring back at him.

There was a gasp and Lance looked into the mirror and saw his make-up artist behind him. "What have you done hon?"

Lance blushed though it was hidden behind the makeup. He gazed himself, his embarrassment fading into shame and grief.
"I just wanted to look good."

"You were supposed to be on set a few minutes ago, love, but you can't go out there like this."

"Sorry... I just don't want the camera to pick up on my flaws." The artist opened his mouth to speak but Lance stopped him. "Don't say I don't have flaws, I've heard enough of someone say that to me."

"Well, maybe. But have you thought that maybe they care for you and like you how you are?"

Lance exhaled dejectedly, "No, I'm sure he didn't mean it."

His artist wiped the makeup off his face with some wipes. "I'm sure it was with best intentions." He smiled once the makeup was off Lance's face. Lance remained quiet, not wanting to respond to that.

He didn't. If he cared for me, then why did Keith release those videos? Why did he leave?

Lance's face felt wet and saw the redness appear around his eyes.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

"Be my Cinna," Lance stated firmly.

"What?"

"I'll be Katniss and you can be Cinna."

"Oh," he gave a small smile, "The Hunger Games."

"Please?" Lance said hopefully. "When Katniss thought she couldn't do something, Cinna was there. You seem like a Cinna."

"Didn't he die?"

"It was honorable, heroic. Died in the name of rebellious fashion. The best way for a stylist I suppose."

The artist smiled slyly, "I'd love to be your Cinna darling"

Lance wiped his eyes, his voice stabling, "Should I call you Cinna or?"

"Holt, Matt Holt. But you can call me Cinna."

---

Keith sat on set, the farthest away he could from Shiro as he could, which was not that far.

Pidge had a wig on since their hair at been too short. It looked very real, but until they grew it out, this would have to do.

A guy that Keith had met days ago, Hunk, was chatting with one of the cameramen. She was very muscular and beautiful in a very, un-media like way. He kept blushing and she kept laughing.

Where is Lance? Keith thought anxiously.

Not that he cared.

Out of nowhere, in particular, Lance appeared with striking makeup, definitely not what the directors had approved. He had #blessed highlighter and strong jawline contour with mascara and a nude shiny lip.

Shiro's eye widened at the sight of Lance. "Wow Lance," Shiro started, "your makeup..."

Lance smiled and nodded, "Do you like it, Shiro?"

Shiro nodded, "It's certainly something."

"Yeah," Lance said beaming. Obviously excited by Shiro's comment. "I'd say it's...." Lance glanced at someone off set, "pretty rebellious."

Coran and some of the co-directors mumbled something to each other before yelling out, "Actors to places!"

Lance and Keith passed by each other, and Keith mumbled something that Lance wouldn't have been able to decipher unless he had heard it many times.

"You're perfect just the way you are."

Keith felt someone's eyes on him and he saw a glint of glasses in his peripheral vision. He didn't have to look twice to know those glasses were Matt Holt's in the crowd.