a 'work' outing

Quick shameless Plug: I'm now on Archive of Our Own at Teddy_Neva.
I'm reuploading Klance: A Week Too Long on there with better editing, transitions, flow and overall more story. It's not major plot points but it fleshes them out a little more.
OKAY DONE READ MY WORK NOW! :

No one said that falling in love with an ex, well he wasn't even an ex, was something that actually happened. Keith had seen it in the movies but it never occurred to him that it would happen in real life.

I can get over this. It's not even a big deal.

There he was again, lying to himself.

Then again, was this all so bad? Maybe they'd have more chemistry on set then. Or maybe Keith would just run away more often. Keith thought both things were plausible and there was no real way to tell what could happen.

Keith looked around at his living room, just thinking how shitty everything is because who doesn't do that in times of need?

Keith stood up from the couch too fast and Keith stood there for a moment to recover. He made his way over to the refrigerator and saw a very welcoming coke inside the fridge doors. He grabbed it, opened it, and went to town.

He was only interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing, scaring the living shit out of him.

"Oh, what the fuck is happening now?" He shouted angerly, obviously on edge, at the phone. He picked up the phone without even glancing at the caller, wedging it between his ear and left shoulder while he sipped his coke.

"Hello?" Keith asked, clearly annoyed.

"What's got your panties in a twist? I'm calli-" A very familiar voice spoke.

"Lance," Keith grumbled, putting his drink down.

Just because Keith was falling for him again, did not mean he'd be any nicer to him.

Lance grunted and restarted, "I'm calling you to tell you that Coran wanted-"

"Why isn't Coran calling me then?"

"Why don't you shut your mouth for a few seconds and just let me explain," Lance said, also annoyed at this point.

"Coran wants us to go on an all paid expenses rock climbing experience-"

"Why?"

"For fuck's sake, KEITH! Shut up. I'm getting there," Lance sighed. "To bond. He thought that since we once got along, it would show on camera. But now due to your little outburst, he's worried we won't be able to act the part correctly. Our-"

"That's bull-"

"I know, our acting comes before everything personal."

Keith scoffed, "Fine. Fine. Then you know we don't need this."

"Well I know that, and even your dumbass knows that but he doesn't. It does not even matter that this point but that's what you and I are doing tomorrow instead of our-" He faulted. "Scene 18."

Scene 18, Keith knew the scene inside and out. It was a romantic scene between them in the castle that concluded the first episode. Since the first episode was over an hour the writers wanted to establish the romance between them before the episode ended. Keef and Lunce were supposed to kiss and that scene had been worrying since he had been cast as Keef. 

"Got it," Keith mumbled distractedly.

Breathe. In. Out.

Lance hung up the phone.

Just what I needed, Lance thought to himself. "Why does this have to be so fucking complicated?!" He shouted to no one in particular.

---

Keith was up earlier than necessary. He didn't sleep very well, knowing that this was coming and the tension was on. He stood outside his apartment, waiting for Lance to pick him up. 

He checked his phone, making sure Lance hadn't canceled or anything. As he checked, a very nice electric blue convertible pulled up. Lance scrambled to think of anything intelligent to say to Keith.

"Get in loser, we're going rocking climbing," Lance taunted. Internal facepalm.

Keith was unamused, "Mean Girls?"

"Duh, I'm as fabulous as Regina George."

"Right, and that makes me what?" Keith said opening the door, "Cady?"

Lance nodded smugly, "Aka Lindsey Lohan. A forgotten and washed up actor."

Keith rolled his eyes and sat down violently,  "I hope you get hit by a bus."

Lance's smirk lessened into a flat line, "Whatever," he said, turning up the music and slamming the ignition. 

---

Keith's heart was beating so fast while looking at Lance, but not because he was catching feelings again. He clutched the car's seat, digging his nails into the beautiful seats.

"WO!" Lance shouted from the top of his lungs like speeding down the highway.

Keith had forgotten how awful a driver Lance was. Keith and Lance didn't leave the house much in the time they spent together. When they did, they usually walked or Keith drove. Keith had only let Lance drive once after Keith had gotten his wisdom teeth removed. For obvious reasons, Keith had to let Lance drive in that situation. Lance had an 'amazing' (Lance's words) video of Keith crying, high and on the floor of his own car because Keith thought he was actually going to die. Keith was thankful that that video hadn't been leaked. 

"YOU ARE GOING TO KILL US!" Keith shouted.

Lance laughed, "I can't hear boring people!" Lance was relieved his adrenaline was covering up the tension that filled the car. He felt normal around Keith when he was going fast. He switched three lanes in less than 5 seconds, giving Keith a heart attack. It was a miracle that the cars around them didn't crash into each other because of Lance's recklessness. 

Lance turned off the highway and slowed down. Keith breathed a breath of relief. THANK GOD.

Once they arrived at the rock climbing place, an instructor was already waiting for them.

She was a lean young woman. Her hair was pulled back in a slick ponytail and smiled at them. "Hi," she started, "I'm Amanda, I'll be your rocking climbing instructor for the day!"

Lance opened his mouth, looking like he was ready to put the moves on her. Keith looked at him, already feeling crushed.

Lance glanced at Keith and his eyes screamed, please, please don't. Lance backed off and greeted her appropriately. Keith nodded, him not being much of a small talk person.

 "Mr.Coran and Ms.Allura told me all about you two! He bought the most expensive package we have." Amanda's eyes twinkled. "Well, the most expensive couples package."

Lance and Keith looked at each other, wondering what on earth that family had gotten them into.

----

Ooooh, what does the most expensive couples package include?