Chappie 18 (part 2)

Chapter 18 (part 2) - You Look Like Love

Song - Irony - Katy McAllister

Niall's POV

I glanced at Liam across the table, he's looking at the menu for the small coffee shop we came to once school ended. I want to know his intentions; what is he doing here with me? Or rather what am I doing or why am I here with him? Maybe I like to hurt, maybe I'm addicted to the pain he makes me feel. I must be stupid for being around him again but I though I could get through it and be his student teacher so that I can get a real job. Now I'm in a coffee shop with him.

"I think I'll get a custard canolli and a caramel cappuccino. What about you Ni?" I hear Liam say and snap out of my thoughts.

"Er- I um, didn't really look yet." I said to him, averting my eyes from his gaze and picking up the menu. I quickly looked at the types of tea the shop offered and their list of dessert pastries. 

"The vanilla biscotti tea and the canolli sound good together." I said and closed the menu, then placing it back on the table.

"Good choice. I come here often and I may need to work out a bit more just because of it." he said and chuckled a bit. 

I gave him a small smile, I miss this Liam. Guess it's time to ruin everything like I always seem to do though.

"So.. why did you want to come here?" I ask, picking at the place mat on the table to not have to look him in the eyes.

"Well it's one of my favorite places and.." He stops talking and I look up at him, he shakes his head and takes a breath. "See, I know I'm a shitty person and I know that you know I'm a shitty person. A lot of times, I just sit and think about who we were once. Who I was to you.. it kills me inside knowing that I'm not a good person and I will never, ever be able to fix those things but god, I want to fix you and I want to fix us and Niall, I want to fix myself for you."

Liam stares across at me, with glazed eyes and I believe what he tells me but how can I know that we'll work out.

"Here's your order boys." Our tea and pastries are set down in front of us by a waitress who, after setting them down, walks away. 

I look back at Liam with his slightly pouted lips, and coffee coloured eyes.

"I want to fix myself for you too, Liam. I think we both need some time to be friends and maybe then, maybe we can become something more. We both need healing and time. This isn't a rejection though because I love you so much. And right now I want to share tea and fancy pastries with you."

"I love you too, Niall. I'd love to share some tea with you too." He gave me a big smile and grasped my hand across the table while we both drank our tea.

Third Person POV

Niall and Liam spent hours at the small coffee shop, catching up on everything they'd missed in each other's lives. They had conversations about back in highschool, how Liam's teaching job has been. They fondly laughed about their friends' antics and even discussed the topic of Liam's now ex-fiance.

--
4:30 pm
--

"I guess everything just kinda fell apart after you left for rehabilitation. I left town too because I just couldn't stand it here. I went and got a job up in London with a tiny flat and started seeing a therapist. Once I decided I was okay, I came back down here and that's the day you came back too which coincidentally was also the day my engagement was broken off. She's a great girl but it just wasn't meant to be."

---
5:00 pm
---

"You know at the hospital, I would have these outbursts and luckily Cara was always there to calm me down and remind me what I was there for. To get better for my family, for my friends and.. well for you."

--
6:00 pm
--
Liam's POV

I looked down at the watch on my wrist and noticed it was now evening. The time went by so fast with how much of a good time we were having together. I would be sad to say goodbye once it ends.

"- that one time when Louis stood up on his desk in the middle of class and just stared at the teacher because she misspelled a word on the board." Niall burst out laughing and I laughed with him at the funny memory.

"Yeah, I still can't believe he's a teacher with me. If only his students knew the crazy shit Lou could get up too." I added on to Niall's story.

"Wow, we've been here for so long. Do you think I could come back to your place? The house is pretty full with Cara and I staying there now so it'd be nice to just have a bi-"

I cut him off, not needing an explanation from him. "Of course you can stay at my place. I don't mind one bit and I can even cook us up a meal."

He nodded and smiled, seeming just a little excited.

------------arriving at Liam's ---------

"Well we're here." I told Niall as I parked my car in the parking lot of the building. I found a nice place that's affordable with my salary.

I ran over to Niall's door, holding the door open for him and receiving a quiet thank you. As we walked into the building and then to my door, our hands were intertwined and had a giddy feeling in my chest. I didn't want to move fast with him this time around but I felt so comfortable with him now.

I unlinked our hands to get my key and open my door. Once inside, Niall found the tv right away and plopped down on the couch while I went to the kitchen to get us some dinner.

"Is garlic, shrimp pasta alright, Ni?" I shouted so he'd hear me over whatever he decided to put on.

"Yeah!" I received a shout back and continued to pull out a pot for the noodles and a skillet for the shrimp. I put water on to boil and decided to set the table, adding a small unlit candle to make it a little more special.

I then joined Niall, giving the water some time to boil.

"Should've known you'd put on something with sports." I laughed at his choice of entertainment.

"I would put on a movie but there didn't seem to be anything good." He simply said, not turning his attention away from the tv. Suddenly, the tv went blank. He turned it off with the remote and faced me.

"I know I said that we need time but hell, I just need you."

"Wha-" I was cut off by him pressing his lip against mine with his eyes closed and so I gave in and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and I wrapped mine around his waist.

He mumbled in between a kiss, "I'm not feeling very hungry anymore." And we continued to kiss.

······

[A/N]

Did I do a nice job? I really wanted to patch things up. I think in the next chapter, I'll have to sort things out with what Niall and Liam will decide for their relationship and then what's happening with Larry + their son now and then there's Selena and Zayn. Oh and then there's Cara so I think I'll try to make the next chapter longer. Thanks so much for reading and I really do hope you enjoyed :) - C
1324 words