Part 4 ~ New Beginnings

Tiffany was beside herself after I explained what happened between Yoongi and I.

"Well what did you answer?" She asked, astonished. I covered my face with my hands.

"I told him I'd think about it," I said, mumbling through my fingers. I didn't have the guts to look her in the eye.

"I've never seen him like this before! We hardly ever see him around women, and if he is, he doesn't ever show this much interest. But to be his girlfriend?! And you two just met!" Tiffany gasped. I peeked at her between my fingers, then moved them when I saw she looked more happy than shocked.

"I wanna say yes," I told her hesitantly. Tiffany breathed out, a smile slowly forming on her lips.

"I want to  tell you this is too fast, and if this was any other guy, I would. But this is my boss, and he's not the type to mess around with someone. So I'm gonna give you the go ahead," she finished, and then proceeded to jump on me and attack my butt with repeated slaps.

"Stahp, you perv," I giggled, trying to wriggle away from her grip.

"I'm happy for youuuu, y/n!" She said, embracing me in a tight hug and then swaying from side to side. Just then, my phone beeped and I received a text from Yoongi. It was already 10pm and I had been anxiously waiting to hear from him. Even though I was supposed to respond to his question, I wanted him to text first.

"Y/n... don't you have anything to tell me?"

I stared at my phone and smiled like an idiot. Tiffany leaned over my shoulder and read the text.

"Wow, this is amazing. He sounds so mushy and desperate. I've totally never seen him like this. He's usually so chilled," Tiffany remarked, her mouth slightly agape. I decided to reply vaguely.

"Soon" I texted back.

Tiffany stared at me. "Yah, he's being so nice, why are you doing that to him?" She asked, playfully tugging at my hair.

"I don't know if I'm ready to just say yes yet. I kinda wanna get to know him a little," I said. "Besides, I've got classes on Monday, remember? I can't afford to be distracted. I have to use tomorrow to sort things out for the academy. I don't have time to even think straight!" I suddenly felt overwhelmed. Tiffany chuckled lightly and rested her head on my shoulder.

"It'll all be okay, y/n-yah" she said. I smiled.

***

I awoke to the pleasant aroma of freshly brewed coffee at 5am on Sunday. Tiffany was already fully dressed, making her way towards me with a tray filled with breakfast.

"This is for yesterday, since you didn't even get a chance to eat at the company after your boyfriend whisked you away," she said playfully.

"You didn't have to do all this!" I exclaimed, ogling at the mouth-watering pancakes and muffins that filled the tray. It was only 5am, what time did she even wake up?!

"I'm late, I have to prepare for a variety show in half an hour. I have to leave you alone for a little bit, I'm sorry okay," she pouted. I hurriedly shook my head.

"No no, don't worry about me, you go ahead," I said, stuffing my mouth with a pancake drizzled with golden syrup. Tiffany laughed.

"Well you can sort out your stuff for tomorrow," she suggested. I nodded and watched her leave the apartment.

I spent the day organising notes and stationary for my first day of school. I had to be there by 8am, and it was a ten minute drive. I decided to set my alarm for 6am, just in case. All the while I stared at my phone, waiting for a text from Yoongi, but I received none. I sighed. Maybe delaying my answer had made him lose interest. I thought about texting first, but decided against it since I didn't want to appear desperate.