Part 8 ~ Ruthless

I hopped into my car and sped down the driveway, then stopped at the gates.

Tiff, I'm on my way to your label. Buzz me in? I texted Tiffany.

Oh, sure. It's Saturday though what's up? She replied.

Just visiting. I texted back.

I smiled. Today was the day I would put my foot down and flood Min Yoongi with questions. There was no way he would be able to avoid me.

As I neared the building, a familiar feeling of butterflies rushed at me as I caught sight of the rooftop. I looked away and focused on the road, then turned into the parking lot where the boom gates opened for me, courtesy of my best friend Tiffany. I smiled, she really was the best.

I climbed out of the car, my heels clicking behind me as I walked. I realised that I had dolled myself up, wearing a scarlet pencil skirt and matching peplum top. My hair was bundled at the nape in a loose bun, topped off with dainty red studs for earrings. I rolled my eyes, wondering if I could seduce Yoongi into answering me.

I pressed the elevator button to get to ground floor. To my amusement, when the doors opened, Tiffany strolled out wearing a smug expression.

"Look at you, getting ready for a fashion parade, or date?" She asked, raising a perfectly groomed brow. I smiled playfully and then winked.

"If all goes well, the latter, hopefully?" Making Tiffany chortle.

"My my, you've sure grown up. To the cafeteria?"

"To the cafeteria!"

***

We arrived at the grand cafeteria once again, catching a whiff of freshly baked croissants.

"Stop drooling, y/n. We can order those croissants right now," Tiffany remarked, reading my mind.

 I didn't want to argue; my sanity depended on those glorious croissants. We made our way through the glass doors when a couple sitting at the far corner of the room caught my eye. My heart dropped as I recognised the familiar blonde messy hair. It was Yoongi, seated across another woman, laughing like he was having the best time of his life.

Didn't Tiffany say he was hardly ever seen with women? Yet here he was, laughing away with one. He looked up to meet my gaze and his face paled. Tiffany followed my gaze and opened her mouth to speak but I didn't want to hear anything. I saw Yoongi darting towards me, his expression wild, but my mind had already come to a less-than-desirable conclusion. I turned and stomped back towards the elevators, as fast as my heels would carry me. Fresh tears stung my eyes as I tried to get as far away from Yoongi as possible. I didn't care that he was with a woman - what bothered me was that he had ignored me for two weeks, presumably busy, and yet there he was, without a care in the world. Tiffany struggled to keep up with me, muttering words like "overreacting" and "dramatic", but those words only fueled my temper and I walked faster, wanting to be alone.

My pride was shattered - every fantasy that I had had on my way to the building was gone. I made my way to the fourth floor where, fortunately, there weren't many people. There was also a lovely balcony that overlooked a little part of the city that I found oddly relaxing, through all the noise and bustling. I heard my name being called by two distinct voices; Tiffany's and Yoongi's, but I ignored it and continued to breathe in the fresh air. I stood there for about thirty minutes, basking in the lovely sunlight.

My mind had cleared a little, and I realised that I MAY have been a tad bit dramatic. I decided to return to the cafeteria. I could still hear my voice being called, but this time, frantically, and with sheer panic. I stopped dead in my tracks and stood still, listening intently. I heard a few more screams and then, to my complete horror, a gunshot. I froze.

"Y/N, Y/N PLEASE RUN!" that was Tiffany's voice. Tears were already falling out of my eyes from the shock of the gunshot, making my limbs freeze over and I barely made it to the elevator. I needed to know if Tiffany was okay. At that unfortunate moment, the lights in the building went out. I was frightened out of my wits as I realised that I had no access to the elevator. I waited for a backup power supply to kick in, seeing as such a large company couldn't possibly not have one. But alas, my wait was in vain and I had to scurry through the partial darkness to find the staircase.

The last rays of light were disappearing from the sky, and if I thought it was difficult finding the staircase, it was even more difficult to climb down it without light. The fact that I was trembling from head to toe didn't help, either. I made my way down to the second floor, exhaling when I finally found the landing. The building was deserted. What had happened while I was on the balcony and how did I not notice it? I thought to myself.

"Ti-Tiffany?" I managed to spill out. But there wasn't a single sound to be heard and so I made my way to the first floor, then the ground floor. The building seemed to have been evacuated, and I had somehow missed that. I wondered just how dazed I must have been. I found the exit to the building, two large glass doors with police lights flashing just outside it. I rushed towards it, but not before a gloved hand covered my mouth from behind and began dragging me backwards.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Wow I've somehow reached 500 reads, I am so thankful ❤ thank you to those who continuously vote and read my story.
If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider giving it a vote ❤