Part 13 ~ When things get dirty

Y/N POV

I was in no position to do anything to save this situation, the cuts on my hands were really beginning to sting. I could only wonder how Hoseok could have been so blinded all these years by a woman who was clearly a snake from the beginning. At the same time, I felt sorry for him. He looked completely chagrined.

"Well. It's been lovely knowing you both all these years. Now if you don't mind, I'll be taking my money and leaving." Sooyoung declared, then picked up the bag of money which Yoongi had brought and made her way towards the exit, her eyes fixed on all three of us, gun still pointed. She stopped just before she opened the door, contemplating. Then she made her way right back to me and lifted my body off the floor once again by my hair. I cried out in pain as she roughly tied my hands together again with duct tape and dragged me along with her.

"I dare you to call the cops," she threatened, her expression dark. "And little Miss precious here will get it." She finished.

"Too late, Sooyoung. We already did," Yoongi announced, making Sooyoung freeze. She spun around to look at him, shooting him a death glare. Then she took a few slow steps towards him.

"You...did...what?" She challenged, emphasising each syllable. Her eyes were murderous.

"You'll never get away," Hoseok stated. Sooyoung glared at him.

"Shut up," she warned.

"You'll never get away, it's the truth. Even if you hurt all of us. And even if you do get away, your debut will never be successful, you're-"

"I said shut up, Hoseok," I could see Sooyoung's hand on the gun shaking in anger, and her jaw was clenched. I secretly prayed that Hoseok would stop talking.

"You were never good enough to debut. You never will be. Tsk, go ahead, you're just a sad-"

I jumped out of my skin when I heard a shot being fired. In a flash, Sooyoung had caught hold of me again and was dragging me out the door. The last thing I saw before she closed the door behind us, was Hoseok on the floor, surrounded by a pool of blood, with Yoongi over him.

Yoongi's POV

I jumped when I heard the shot and saw Hoseok falling to the floor, his body limp. I couldn't do anything as I saw Sooyoung dragging y/n out of the warehouse, my mind was racing with too many thoughts.

"Hoseok, hey, hey, stay with me," I pleaded, applying pressure to the wound in an attempt to stop the bleeding. I called Namjoon and let him know what had happened. When he told me he was on his way, I cut the call and swiftly took off my jacket and pressed it against the wound, while Hoseok looked at me with doleful eyes.

"Y-Yoongi," he coughed weakly. I tried getting him to stop talking, but he was insistent.

"Yoongi...I'm sorry. I should've trusted you all those years ago when this started. I should've known that you wouldn't sabotage the shares in our business. I shouldn't have believed a girl over my brothers. I'm so sorry," Hoseok apologised, tears bubbling out from his eyes. I looked away for a second, then turned back to face Hoseok.

"Hoseok, help is on the way. Stop talking, you'll only get weaker, it's okay, everything is okay-"

"I loved her," Hoseok confessed, his eyes glazed. I was fighting back tears now, while still applying pressure to Hoseok's chest.

"What is it about me that makes me so prone to people taking advantage of me? Am I that gullible?" Hoseok asked.

"Hoseok, please stop-"

"I wouldn't have believed her over you and Namjoon, you know. Not if I didn't have feelings for her. I was so stupid. Please forgive me, Yoongi. And if I don't make it in time to apologise to Namjoon, please convey my apology to him," Hoseok sputtered. I couldn't hold them in any longer, the tears were pouring out of my eyes now.

"Don't talk like that!" I ordered, trying to get him to stop talking. "Everything is going to be okay.  You're going to be fine. Stop talking, or you'll drain all your energy."

"Yoongi...say you'll forgive me..." Hoseok's speech was getting weaker.

"I forgive you! I'll always forgive you! You're my brother. Now shut up, for goodness' sake!" I shouted slightly, tears rapidly escaping my eyes. I shook my head, begging him to stop talking. His eyes fluttered a little, and I sat up, panicked.

"Hobi, no. Don't. Stay with me. STAY WITH ME DAMMIT!" I shouted.

Hoseok smiled sadly.

"Hobi? You haven't called me that in a really long time.." he said, still smiling.

Just then, Namjoon burst through the doors and announced that an ambulance had arrived. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw a stretcher coming through. At the same time, I was insanely worried about y/n, and I didn't know where to look for her.

Hoseok caught hold of my wrist as they placed him on the stretcher, and looked up at me.

"Go after her, Yoongi. Don't worry about me. At least one of us has someone to return their love, huh? Go get her," Hoseok sighed, his eyes sad.

"You're such an idiot, Hoseok," I managed to let out through my tears. Namjoon nodded as well towards the door.

"I'll take care of Hoseok, you don't know how much time y/n has, Yoongi. Run. Now," and that's all I needed before I broke out into a sprint, searching for y/n through blurred vision.

Y/N POV

I didn't know where the hell Sooyoung was dragging me, I could barely make out anything in the dark. But even through the darkness, I thought I could make out her eyes, which were filling with tears. We walked for about ten minutes before we reached our destination, and I gasped when I saw us standing at the edge of a cliff. Sooyoung smiled at me.

"I guess you could say we're pretty high up," she said, contempt in her voice. Then she looked out into the distance, her smile disappearing, replaced by tears.

"So tell me, y/n. My life is pretty much over anyway. Should I jump?" She asked bluntly, startling me. I stared at her with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked in complete shock. She laughed a little, then looked away from me, her expression far away.

"Well if the police catch me, I'll be in...trouble isn't the word." She finally said, twirling a lock of hair around in her fingers.

"You went through years of planning this only to tell me you're afraid of the police?" I asked. I managed to be sarcastic even in this situation. Sooyoung smiled again.

"It's not the police...it's the police chief," she said softly, sadness evident in her voice. I frowned.

"What's so special about the chief?" I asked, bewildered. She sighed before explaining.

"He's a really strict man, there's no exceptions for anyone. I always tried to make him proud. He convinced me, you know. All those years ago, not to persuade being an idol. I told him that I would make it, that I would make him proud. I ended up disappointing him time and time again, each time my debut was delayed. Each time I was told I wasn't good enough. Each time I was told, 'a little more training'. I grew sick of it. I'm never good enough," she said, sobbing. I shook my head, wondering how this was the same woman who had just used a firearm.

"Why is this police chief so important?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I wondered how I was having a conversation with a woman who was threatening my life. Then again, I didn't have much of a choice.

"Because. He's my father," Sooyoung stated.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: THANK YOU again for your continued support ❤
This story might be coming to an end soon, but you can check out my other book which I just updated! It's called the magnate and the pauper ❤ a Taehyung fanfic.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider giving it a vote ❤
Thank you again ❤