Quarters

Author:
It's been more than a year since I did the last update and I know I lost readers but I really do want to finish my stories even if it takes a while. Enjoy!
-

"Hey England?" America grabbed onto England's thick jacket sleeve. "Can I have some more quarters? I know I asked yesterday but the vending machine is the only good food they have here." America whined.

"That vending machine is full of fatty American junk. I'll definitely cook you something better when you get out of here." England crossed his arms and smiled proudly. "But I guess it cant be helped since it's the only thing here." England hesitantly handed America another handful of rusty quarters.

"Thanks!" America smiled with sparkles in his eyes.

England smiled as he watched America with the quarters. He's incredibly happy to see how lively America has become and especially happy with how friendly he is with food.

"So.. can I also go exploring again?" America stuffed the heavy quarters into his fluffy jacket.

"Of course, but remember that you have a weigh in today." England suddenly lit up. "It's the last one and we can finally leave the bloody place if your weight is right."

America smiled slightly and turned around to look around the hospital some more. America had been "exploring" the hospital for his entertainment since he can't really leave yet. He also can't have any food out of the hospital but England is able to bring him things like clothing if it's checked. It's been getting chilly since it's already November.

England thought his reaction was a little weak but brushed it off to go see France and Canada.

~

"I think we'll be able to leave today." England held his head in exhaustion after walking to the waiting room.

"England.. when's the last time you've slept?" Canada spoke up.

"When's the last time you've gone home is the question. We had to force you to stay at your own house around a week ago. Don't tell me you've stayed since..." France waited for a response.

"Don't be silly. Of course I've gone home and slept fine."

Neither France nor Canada were amused. England had the darkest bags and the most oily looking hair. His hair was actually a little bit longer than usual too. It seems he was even getting skinner.

"You have to take care of yourself too." France eyed England. "America wouldn't be happy to know you're not taking care of yourself. I don't know how he can't see how terrible you look."

"But I need to be there with-

"America is safe in the hospital. It's ok." France pat England's shoulder. "I think they're letting America do the weigh in soon, too."

~

America frantically observed the entire hospital until a doctor tapped his shoulder.

"Alfred Jones?" A nice bigger lady spoke. "We need to see your weight today. Can you put this on?" She handed America a thin hospital gown.

"Uh, yes- yes. I can" Alfred took it from her hand.

"Come to room 6 when you're done." The doctor left.

Alfred nodded and ran to the bathroom to take off his loose pants and fluffy jacket. He observed the mirror completely out of breath and wasn't too happy with his body. His bones stuck out painfully under his thin yellow skin but it wasn't enough.

The stupid tube.. America thought.

The tube that gave America his nutrients for a week when he first came ruined everything. If it wasn't for that, he could've had the perfect body by now. America thought that the tube is probably why he still has the strength to walk.

He looked away from the mirror before he cried and dropped a number of quarters in his underwear.

10..20..30..40...more than last time

He then took the padlocks and any heavy objects he could find out of his jacket and stuffed them in. He slipped on the gown and made sure the quarters didn't make a sound while he walked.

America made a huge smile at the mirror before he left. He can finally go home and get his dream body.

He also made sure to go to the water fountain and drink much water as he possibly could.

"I think this is good!" America wiped the water off his lips and made his way to the room.

Everyone was already gathered around and he waited until the doctor told him to get on the scale. When he got on, the number got higher and higher until it reached a scary 185.3 lbs. it made America dizzy to see that number but he knew it was fake.

"185.3 lbs.. 13.2 stones.. Alfred!" England shook from happiness. "That's good, right? Right?" England looked at the doctor.

"Yes it's an incredible improvement. It's actually a lot more than expected."

"So he can go? Right?"

"Yes, after you check at the main desk."

"Alfred..Alfred.. I'm so happy." England teared up as he held America's face gently.

Canada started to cry a little and buried himself in France's cloak before you could hear the faint sobbing. France held onto Canada and tried to look like the adult but couldn't help his tears either.

"Let's.. let's go home now." England latched onto America and gave the longest but softest hug that barely put any pressure on America.

America tried to smile but he cried as well. It wasn't from happiness though, but from guilt. He felt horrible for tricking everyone.