15

"THIS FEELS WEIRD. BUT I JUST WANTED TO ER, UH..."

"Spit it out then, Potter." Tessa insisted. She had been approached by the stammering boy right after Transfuguration and they were still there.

James took a deep breath, fixing his falling spectacles in the process before speaking, a tone of uncertainty in his voice.

"Okay. Okay. Do you wanna go on a date or something  on Saturday?"

Or something?

Tessa had multiple questions but chose to ask only one.

"Why?"

He turned a light shade of red at this. Did James Potter really not expect a follow up question?

"Because, uh..." I've nothing else to do this weekend, you're a good kisser, I think I like you, I definitely feel something for you, you-

He didn't want to sound like a prick, but he also didn't want to sound desperate either," 

Because it feels right."

Great job.

"Yes."

"I mean it's okay of you're busy or don't like me or something," he went on, hearing the smirking girl's response but also not," but I- wait what?"

"Yes." Tessa repeated, laughing a  little at his confused expression. It was cute, in a way. He was- nevermind she thought.

"Oh Merlin, uh, okay! Wanna go to that tea shop or something?"

She shrugged," Fine by me."

"Great, great."

Tessa needed to tell Lily soon. It was really starting now.

"Bye, James."

She had addressed him by his first name this time, which utterly shocked the ecstatic boy.

"Bye Brook- I mean Tessa. Bye Tessa."

Neither of the sixth years made a move to leave after that since both seemed to be waiting for the other, which lead to both of them just standing there.

"Why are you still staring at me?" Tessa asked, amused. She laughed at his awkwardness. She had never seen James Potter flustered. And she was the cause?

"I um- I dunno."

" 'Kay then, bye." She did a little wave, but not a flirtatious, twirly-finger kind. More like the close lipped smile people gave to stranger they unexpectedly made eye contact with.

Tea shop. Saturday.