20

TESSA WAS EARLY

solely because she had nothing to do for the duration of the weekend. Or, at least, that's what she told James Potter.

"I got here before you because i've got nothing else to do this weekend."

He raised an eyebrow, a hint of amusement in his voice," I never asked but okay."

She smiled sweetly. Sweetly? Sarcastically sweet.

"Do you want some tea? I want some tea."

"That'd be great, thanks."

-

"THIS IS YOUR

third one...are you okay?"

"Absolutely fantabulastically amazing, you?"

Tessa and James had been chattering and laughing for the past...neither really knew. It was fun, surprisingly. Or maybe not surprisingly. Combine the duo's charismatic personalities and combined way with words, the Gryffindor and Slytherin got along in a freakishly natural way.

"You can't get drunk on tea, Potter. Don't worry. And plus, I would never want to be intoxicated in a place like," she flailed her arms dramatically," this. Far too dangerous."

James chuckled. They were in Madame Pudifoot's Tea Shop, a hot spot for star-crossed couples and old ladies combined. It was quite a terrifying combination, he agreed, with it's frilly pink interior and various sounds of: spoons clanging loudly, lips smacking, and old women gossiping. James made a mental note to tell his future children to never bring their dates to the tea shop. Unless they were absolutely smitten with them. Except, James wasn't absolutely smitten with Tessa, just intrigued. Did that make him a hypocrite?

"What are you thinking about?" The curious Slytherin inquired.

"What are you thinking about?" He countered, arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.

She smirked but answered his question," I'm thinking about how repulsive kissing sounds. Like, careless kissing. I mean," she leaned closer, close enough that she could see the hazel flecks in his brown eyes, and spoke in a low tone," the couple behind me sound like suction cups. It's bloody annoying."

She regained her former position across from him and, while smiling, tilted her head so subtly towards the said couple. They really did remind him of suction cups.

"Well, you're not wrong." He affirmed.

She smiled.

" I never asked, but okay."