Day 60

TESSA AND LILY

had seen each other less and less, and this upset the brunette. It was almost entirely her doing though, which made it even worse. Earlier into the "plan", Tessa had realized something.

Lily liked James and he, quite obviously, liked her back. She, was merely a distraction.

The intuitive girl saw it in the way Lily somberly waved at her in the hallways and stared, the way James stuttered and blushed when the topic of Lily ever came up (and how he swiftly avoided it), the way he hesitated when saying her name, carefully making sure that he said Tessa and not Lily.

Sometimes she assumed that the reason James was so quick to fall in love with her was due to the fact that she was so quick to "fall in love" with him. Was that the case?

Tessa had watched and observed people for years. Not in a creepy way, just in an observant way. Every time she had free time, she'd sit somewhere and just think, and see, and realize. When she looked at James she saw James, but also a boy who seemed desperate to have his affections returned. When she looked at Lily she saw Lily, but also a confused girl who was starting to resent her without even realizing it. When she looked at the both of them, she saw two people meant for each other, two people just biding the time, slowly falling in love.

Tessa had no right to hinder that.

But they had started this, and so they'd finish it. Her feelings, whatever they were, would just have to be suppressed for now.

The Slytherin didn't want to be seen as a martyr, or hero of any sort because she had caused this, she had done this out of pure emotion.

If she had simply ignored the crying redhead would any of this have ever happened? Where would they all be right now?

Right now in Lily's room, Tessa could see the frustrated redhead studying her from across the table, searching for something she obviously couldn't find.