Chapter Three - Rosaline

Bennett always had this kind of light around him. He could always make you smile. He is a good soul, that boy.

So, I'm sure you can see how easy it was for him to make me smile. Not even trying to.

I knew he was nervous, because he did this thing with his necklace. He would grab it, and mess around with it.

I got him that necklace.

Freshmen year.

He never took it off when we talked, I guess some things don't change.

"I need your advice." He said to me.

A smile took over my face, but not before shock, I know he saw it. I've never been good to hide my emotions well. My eyes gave me away.

"Didn't you always?" I reply, genuinely happy he's here.

He smiles sheepishly and bites his lip.

He is attractive without even trying. And that's all it took to realise I missed him so much.

"Please, sit. I don't bite." I motion towards the chair across from me.

He sits down, no hesitation.

I return to the book I'm reading. I just have to finish this last page. And he just sits there, watching me read. I don't mind it. We used to do this.

When I finish I push my book to the side and look at Bennett.

"So, you needed my help? With what?" I lean onto the table.

"Well, advice, honestly. I hear you're the best in town." He jokes, but I can tell he's also serious about this.

"There was this one guy who went around telling people that. I had to prove those who doubted it wrong. Wouldn't be here without him." I throw a wink at him. "Anyways, what did you need help with?"

He looks at me, right in my eyes, with so much intensity, "There's this girl, I kind of screwed things up between us two. It was a huge mistake. And now I want her back in my life. What can I do?"

He rambles on and on.

There's another girl?

What am I talking about another? I'm not in his life anymore. But I still feel hurt. I don't know why. It's not like I expected him to want me back in his life.

Did I?

But I told him, the god honest truth, and the first thing I could think of,

"Fight for her, don't give up on her, like you did with me."