Chapter Eight - Bennett

Rosaline had always been beautiful. Since the day I met her. And no girl I've ever seen has made me doubt that she's the most attractive girl on the planet.

And she doesn't even have to try. It's natural beauty. She doesn't even wear makeup. She just so breathtaking, so naturally when I saw that picture of her I had to tell her, "Rosaline, you look beautiful in this." I look up at her, shaking my head. That wasn't it. So I add, "But then again, you always look beautiful."

And she blushed. And I've never seen anything cuter. It should be a sin to look the way she does.

"Rosaline do you still write?" She would always write poems or stories. All about love. She is a huge romantic.

"Yeah, I do. Why do you ask?"

I don't know why I asked, so I said the first thing that came to mind, "Can you read me one?"

Her eyes widen, "You want to hear one?" I was surprised too. I never asked to hear one, she just did it willingly. But, I nod anyways.

"Oh, um okay." Then she scrunches her nose. She's thinking, I realize. She always had great memory. Then she starts to recite one:

"The day you left,

that day you quit.

I realized that maybe that was it.

You were gone.

But I always hoped,

you would realize you were wrong.

I'm not mad, nor will I ever be.

And you will always be welcomed into my arms."

Now, I had a strange feeling that it was about me. I'm almost positive. But it was beautiful.

"It wasn't my best, I actually think it was terrible." She looks nervous. I smile.

"I loved it. Did it come from the heart?" I look into her eyes.

"Yes. It did." And the look in her eyes gave her away. It was about me. And she knew I knew.

"Rosaline."

"Yeah?"

"I know I hurt you. And I know I can't take it back. You're my best friend, Rose. And I really want to be back in your life. I want you in mine. You being out out of my life was the worst thing I could have done. And I did it for a stupid reason." I tell her.

She just smiles and shakes her head, "It wasn't a stupid reason, Bennett. I understand." She couldn't possibly know the reason. "And you have no idea how long I've been wanting to hear those words."

Then she hugs me, and it was like all my worries were washed away. I pull her closer and hug her tighter.

I won't ever let her go again.