Chapter Twelve - Bennett

Rosaline knew. She always knew.

She seemed to know what I was thinking all the time. I thought I was good at hiding what I felt you know?

I thought wrong, apparently.

In a way, I'm glad though. She can read me when I cannot voice what I am feeling. Which is good. Could be a bad thing at some point, but for now I am appreciative for her.

"You're cute." I blurt out before I could think about it.

I look up to see her smiling. "Thank you, Bennett."

Her smile is contagious and I'm smiling right along with her.

Then the little shit came and jumped on top of me. I scowl and glare at Snickers. "You little bi -"

"Hey! No, no. No profanity. Don't call him that!" She grabs the mutt pulling him to her chest, hugging him there.

Lucky bastard.

"I know what you're thinking and ew."

Told you.

I smirk, "Ew? I happen to think it's far from ew. I think it's actually -"

"Gross. Stop it. Please." Her face twists in disgusts.

I smile at her. So pure.

Rosaline continues to pet her mutt, cooing into his ear. She is to good for this earth. Her heart is to big and great to be hurt by some lowlife like myself. She deserves the universe.

She is my universe.

The stars are in her eyes.

"Rosaline?"

She looks at me curiously, silently asking me what I needed.

"Can I kiss you?" Her eyes widen, the stars shining bright. I see her swallow as she looks at me for a second, then she licks her lips.

She nods. I don't hesitate to press my lips against hers. It felt perfect. Like my lips were meant for hers and hers for mine.

I grip her waist and slowly pull her until she is straddling me. I smile into the kiss then lick her bottom lip for access, which she gives me.

I love her lips on mine. It's like a drug, and I'm addicted. Which is why it sucked when reality kicked in and we had to breath. So, I pulled away.

I kept my eyes closed afterwards, trying to catch my breath. When I openned them Rosaline was already looking at me, a small smile resting on her lips. I grin back.

Then I get a phone call. I roll my eyes and groan. Reaching for my phone that is on Rosaline's night stand.

"Hello?" I answer. Rosaline moves to climb off of me. I hold her there with my free hand, my eyes telling her I wanted her to stay. And she knew.

"Bennett James! Why the hell did I get a call from school saying you did not attend? I know I saw you leave out the house this morning to go to school!"

I sigh. "Mom it's not what you think -"

"Uh, uh, uh. You always have some type of excuse to make, don't you? I'm getting sick of them! Oh, sweet baby jesus if you don't get your -"

Rosaline takes my phone from my ear. "Mrs. Hunter?"

I no longer hear my moms loud yelling.

"Yes, ma'am. It was my fault Bennett didn't go to school. We had to discuss and clear up some things."

I faintly hear my mom talking to Rosaline - now softly. That two-faced woman.

Rosaline glances at me. "I will ask Bennett if that is okay." My mom says something and Rosaline laughs. "Well then I would love to. Thank you, I will see you in a bit."

She hands me the phone. "Your mom asked me to have dinner with y'all."

I groan and fall back onto the bed, in the process making something move against something else. I clench my jaw immediately and inhale sharply.

"That felt good."

I was not the one who said that. Those words were said by Rosaline. In a very soft voice, may I add.

I glance up at her to see her glancing down there. Her eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "How did you do that?" She asked me.

I stare at her for a second.

Should I do it again?

I mean there isn't any harm in that, right?

So, I grip her hips and slowly grind into her softly, biting my lip, trying not to release any sound.

I hear a small moan come from Rosaline. My eyes widen at the noise. She looks at me alarmed and covers her mouth. "I've never done that."

I swallow.

Fuck. This has to stop. Now.

"Rose? Maybe you should. . . um get ready? For dinner?" I try to hide how she makes me feel. . .down there.

She smiles shyly. "Of course. Yes. I just have to fix my hair though. I will be right back." She moves to get off but then her hand slips and her chest is presses against mine.

How inconvenient.

Then she quickly re-positions herself - which doesn't help my case - and moves to lift one leg over to get off.

When she is successfully off I sigh in relief. I glance down. Damn it.

"Why did you turn over so quick?"

I cough awkwardly. "Just wanted to lay on my stomach."

She looks at me curiously before looking back at the mirror.

She already looks beautiful. She doesn't need to change a single thing.

Her beautiful caramel skin. Making her green eyes seem to pop. And her brown hair hanging loosely down her shoulders in waves. She is stunning.

"I'll be right back. I have to use the bathroom." I tell her. Some thing needs to be handled. She smiles and nods. I throw a smile her way before running into her bathroom quickly.

Minutes later I step out and happily sigh. Rosaline is sitting on her bed and smiling at me.

"You ready to go?" She asked me.

I hold my hand out for her to take and pull her up when she does. She laughs and kisses my cheek. I feel my cheeks heat up.

"After you, Rose."